• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for a 30 liter Fluval Ebi,30cm deep

Brenig102

Seedling
What Lighting would you recommend at the moment I'm using the stock light at the moment but it's not the best,13 watt...
I like the idea of LED.
I don't want an ugly light either

Hi Brenig102 :wave:
Good to say someone of a similar age on here! ;) You may find that lots of LEDs are really expensive just for a small one. I know lots of people on here use TMC's range of LEDs. Alternatively, you could look at T5 systems. I think the company Boyu make a fairly cheap, 30cm one.
Cheers

Haha Yes I agree,Yeah I was thinking of buying some good LED's with my birthday money:LI did see that unit but I think its pretty ugly as im going for a minimalistic look

The 13w unit should be more than enough, however if its the aesthetics that bothers you you could have a look around ikea or shops that sell indoor lighting and go from there, that way replacment bulbs are mega cheap are there are loads of different types to choose from, be it CFL or LED. Choosing a lamp you like also allows for a variable wattage lighting unit :)
Personally I'd save the money for some rarer species of plants, dry salts, a pressurised CO2 set up, an extenal filter and heater, glassware ect in that order :)
Are you still using the original filter?

So I cou
The 13w unit should be more than enough, however if its the aesthetics that bothers you you could have a look around ikea or shops that sell indoor lighting and go from there, that way replacment bulbs are mega cheap are there are loads of different types to choose from, be it CFL or LED. Choosing a lamp you like also allows for a variable wattage lighting unit :)
Personally I'd save the money for some rarer species of plants, dry salts, a pressurised CO2 set up, an extenal filter and heater, glassware ect in that order :)
Are you still using the original filter?
So I could buy a light unit and buy and led bulb?
I've thought about a co2 kit but ,do you have to switch it on every day?
I like the look of glass ware,and Yes I am using the internal filter,

So I cou
Yes exactly mate. You have a huge range of options with desk lamps. Some people don't like them but i personally do because of the choice of power an type of bulb. You can't really have that range of flexibility with any other light units. If you got a cheap ikea lamp or argos lamp you can buy an led bulb of f ebay for around 15ish quid screw that in,job done. Or just get a nice coloured standard fluorescent bulb! People often go for around 6500k because it looks nicest but it doesn't matters what you choose. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So I cou
Yes you could, you can get two 12w led bulbs for under £6 on ebay.
Most people use a solenoid valve on their co2, when power is fed to it it allows gas through so you just hook it up to a timerand set it to come on a couple hours before your tank lights.
How are you finding the filter?

Note that the colour rendition on led bulbs isn't great and the tank will have a washed out look to it.
Personally I have found this only happens with quite high lighting, with low lighting levels you get a better shimmer effect and its more pleasing to the eye colour wise.

Yes you could, you can get two 12w led bulbs for under £6 on ebay.
Most people use a solenoid valve on their co2, when power is fed to it it allows gas through so you just hook it up to a timerand set it to come on a couple hours before your tank lights.
How are you finding the filter?
Still confused about CO2! :eek:
The filter's OK but it makes a heck of a mess when it needs a clean-Also it looks rather unsightly but I suppose most internal filters do!:banghead:

Back