• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

life after dexter and breaking bad

A Game of Thrones ... got to be the best made of them all, great story, great acting & great special effects!
Simply awesome :thumbup: can't beat that!

Agreed GOT is awesome but again with the reading books first :( maybe I should just stop reading books/comics and just wait for the TV show ha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

I am an avid fantasy reader but I would have to slightly disagree with you on the GOT comment, I like the directors choice of characters & I find the script vey close to the text!
I was extremely disappointed with Lord of the Rings in that respect though!!
I must of read LOTRs 4-5 times & my fav bits many more times (over 20 years or so) before the films were released & I most definitely had my own perspective of how the characters looked & sounded.
When the films were released I was gutted the ways most of the actors looked & talked...they were just not the guys I had grown to respect!
However I have come around I enjoy the films nowadays :)

I completely agree with you on GOT I love the show but there are always bits and bobs that just don't fit (with how I have envisioned). One of my favourite books is Neil Gaiman's Stardust. I must have read it 15 times or more (its my go to when I want a light read) but the film that was adapted from this was absolute tripe. LOTR I am also in agreement, when first I watched the films I was disappointed but I now enjoy them very much. I'm not knocking any visual representation of any novel (bar stardust) I just feel that my mind, generally speaking, creates fantastic imagery that cannot be interpreted by any director in the way I wish. My previous comment was not to be taken to heart :) sorry to OP for going OT

I'm not sure I liked the ending on Dexter. Not tried breaking bad yet but will give it a go soon. Falling Skies is pretty good if you haven't seen it.

Thank you :) I was about unsubscribe in case of spoilers

What about Boardwalk Empire? I love this and season 4 has just started in America.. Lost is also good too and i was addicted to it to the point where i would watch almost a complete season all in one go lol ... Walking dead is awesome and i cant wait for season 4 to start soon :D Mad Dogs is good too and this is England is also great too.

dexter was a major let down,just hope breaking bad ends better,i can see walt going out in style......lol

started watching ray donovan and im liking it so far so ive got my fingers crossed its a dexter replacement,now to find something as good as breaking bad........am i asking the impossible????...lol

Yeah, we are watching Ray Donovan and enjoying it a lot although I really don't like his wife.

Luther - excellency
The Shadow Line - excellent
The Newsroom - good from Aaron Sorkin
The Walking Dead - good and variable
Hannibal - excellent
Ray Donovan - good
American Horror Story - wickedly warped
Homeland - excellent but variable
GoT - good all 3 seasons
True Blood - good but variable and have given up despite its raunchy side.

Still stacked up on my sky box and yet to watch
Revolution
Bates motel
Marvels agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Low Winter Sun
Vegas
Arne Dahl
The Following - harmless. watched a couple
In the flesh - Interesting take
Hit & Miss - interesting

Just started recording
The tunnel

Having Sky with on demand and access to Sky Atlantic and Fox is a blessing. Also an Apple TV with both UK and US iTunes accounts is also good.

Been watching, By any means, anyone? My wife's been watching it, I liked the first and second one .:)

Me and the wife have got into by any means aswell, really good, also been watching homeland thats brilliant and boardwalk empire starts again soon :)

Still stacked up on my sky box and yet to watch Revolution Bates motel Marvels agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Low Winter Sun Vegas Arne Dahl The Following - harmless. watched a couple In the flesh - Interesting take Hit & Miss - interesting

Revolution is quite good but I wouldn't say it lives up to the fantastic trailer. Still watching tho:)
I stopped watching Bates Motel after 2 as I couldn't watch a mother completely ruin her son.:(
Marvel agents of SHEILD, we are a few in and still watching.
Vegas is quite good but it took a few for me to get invested in the characters. My husband probably likes it more.
The Following we found absolutely infuriating. I mean, no back up? Doing really stupid things:banghead: we just kept reminding ourselves that it was the same folk that made the Scream movies and it would be similar style. End was unexpected.

We have started watching Atlantis(ok) and a really good one 'The Tunnel'. The Returned was brilliant if you don't mind subtitles as was The Killing(excellent) although at times difficult to watch the grieving mother.

Back