• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lights?

Scoops111

Hi all, brand new to the forum which looks really well set out by the way!
I’m looking for some advice regarding some maxspect razor LED’s that I used years ago which were fantastic on my reef tank, my question is, will they work well on a new freshwater aquascape instead of me needing to buy new LED’s.
Any information much appreciated 👍🏻

I have the 16000K, if I turn the blues off the light is white.
First which color white?
:)
Point us the light IF the a channel puck has 2 royal blues as listed for a 16000k razor the a channel will never measure 8000k
The look is err subjective as is the acceptance if that look.
THE big advantage of the razors are the warm white diodes but channel A will still have low cri and high k temp.
What that means is an individual choice.

20121201_123300.jpg

Any light for the most part is useable. One should understand it though.
I'm not trying to discourage its use nor imply it's not " useable" just what it physically is, up until this point.
My personal opinion would be to sell it and get a more err tuned to freshwater light. The color balance ( with any channel combination) would not meet "my" specifications. .. YMMV.

I'll post a pic of my razor on later, it is pretty white iirc.

I keep mine as a backup as it is a decent light, but there are certainly better FW lights out there

The whole point of me originally making this post was to simply find out if I could use these lights because that’s all I have at the moment and I totally understand that they are not the best for a freshwater setup as originally I bought them for my reef

The whole point of me originally making this post was to simply find out if I could use these lights because that’s all I have at the moment and I totally understand that they are not the best for a freshwater setup as originally I bought them for my reef
Very sorry mate didn't mean to sidetrack things.

Simple answer is yes, the plants really don't care about the colour of the lights.

As it’s a new setup there are other things at the moment I need to be spending my money on i.e tank etc, in time the lights will most probably be swapped out but at least the razors should get me up and running 👍🏻

Back