• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaves curling and transparent

matty_

Hey, I have had this tank running for alittle over two months, the plants seem to be growing much slower than it was previously and the growth for some plants such as the Rotala family seems to be slightly transparent and curling in on itself now. Some of the tank details:

90L
WRGB2 pro 60 (roughly 70% for 6 hour period)
TNC Complete 10ml daily
CO2 on 2 hours before lights are on and off 1 hour before, nearly 1ph drop
Tropical Aquasoil
weekly waterchanges 60% ish

I will add a picture below to show what I mean, although it might be alittle hard to see:

View attachment 1000015428.jpg

I have had a diatom outbreak although I have been keeping up with cleaning and large waterchanges weekly so hopefully that clears up 🤞

I've been dosing 10ml of TNC complete each day, co2 is on 2 hours before the light and one hour before it turns off, there isn't a ph drop of 1 as the PH doesn't raise up above 6 once the co2 is off which I think is due to my soft water and the tropical aquasoil buffering the ph

The drop checker once the lights are on is a green colour

PH reading during the day:
1000015506.png

Just not too sure what's causing the stunted growth and transparency of the new leaves sadly, am I dosing too much or too little TNC Complete?

I had this similar issue with my previous Scape a few years back but this setup is pretty different and I did try to focus on having the co2 high as I thought that was the issue

Thank you :)

Back