• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

least ugly powerhead!

Yes, Very much! Great reply thank you.

Ok great, cheers

My tank is 4foot 330L. I'm thinking of mounting this at the back left corner to then blast along the back into the filter intake on the right, i've not used a powerhead before so would this do the job for that?
Cheers all
Do you use an external with lily pipes? If so you can position the power head in the alternate position to create a kind of whirlpool effect which is ideal for co2. Conversely I don’t as I have a v inquisitive son so I place the lily and powerhead together to max the circular flow. Hope that makes sense

@Tom Michael I have a Fluval FX4 with the standard plastic outlet twin nozzle. No co2

Hope that makes sense
Yes it does!

I'm rescaping my tank soon and there will be a gap in the scape on the left where my filter intake (pre-filter) is, i hate it when you can see equipment in tanks so i was planning on moving the inlet to the right hand side (hidden by some giant Vallis) directly under the outlet. Now obviously all the crap has another 4 foot to travel before its sucked up through the pre-filter so i thought a powerhead in place of the pre-filter would solve that issue and also help in the aid of fert distribution too
Now does my bit make sense to you?? :lol:
Cheers for the reply

@Tom Michael I have a Fluval FX4 with the standard plastic outlet twin nozzle. No co2

Yes it does!

I'm rescaping my tank soon and there will be a gap in the scape on the left where my filter intake (pre-filter) is, i hate it when you can see equipment in tanks so i was planning on moving the inlet to the right hand side (hidden by some giant Vallis) directly under the outlet. Now obviously all the crap has another 4 foot to travel before its sucked up through the pre-filter so i thought a powerhead in place of the pre-filter would solve that issue and also help in the aid of fert distribution too
Now does my bit make sense to you?? :lol:
Cheers for the reply
It does! More Flow will assist in a low tech, although I don’t find it as imperative as in a high energy system

very rapidly, blown out across the length of the tank.
Hi @jaypeecee just been re reading through this post as i was just about to order the Sicce unit but it says they're for aquariums from 120-200L. Mines 330L, this is only to assist in flow though so do you think it'd be ok? I want it to give an extra bit of flow towards the filter inlet at the opposite end of the tank (4foot)
Sorry @Tom Michael for hijacking your thread, didn't want to start a new one for one question!
Cheers all

Hi @jaypeecee just been re reading through this post as i was just about to order the Sicce unit but it says they're for aquariums from 120-200L. Mines 330L, this is only to assist in flow though so do you think it'd be ok? I want it to give an extra bit of flow towards the filter inlet at the opposite end of the tank (4foot)

Hi @EA James

For your size tank, you may wish to consider the Voyager as opposed to the Voyager Nano. But, it's probably worth putting your question directly to Sicce. Here's a link to get you started:

JPC

Back