• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Large rocks for large tanks

Pompei, all ash, no rock really, but if you hike up the volcano.......or if you go to landscaping rock and sand suppliers......then cities, well, not so bad. But if you want nice stones and larger ones, DIY and collect it yourself, well.........it'll be a search for sure.

It is just where it is located, we actually have quite a lot of lava away from the S. of the UK. I went to Canna (Inner Hebrides) a couple of years ago, which is an all basalt island, and that basalt flow ("British Tertiary Volcanic Province") extends from W. Scotland (Eigg, some of Skye, Arran etc) right across N. Ireland (Antrim, Giant's Causeway etc) and across the Atlantic to Greenland (60,000,000 BP the Atlantic Ocean was just forming and W. Europe and N. America were still in contact <North Atlantic Igneous Province - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia>).

cheers Darrel

Never thought of that! Next time I'm up that part of the world (or I might make a special rock hunting trip) I'm going to get me some ..... just picture myself with kango digging up a section of the giants causeway lol

Reactions: tim
Back