• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Krib Fry Much!

Ben M

hi, as you may know, i gave my brother my breeding pair of kribs so i could get some corys. previously they have only ever had about 10 babies, but for the last month they have been digging out a cave. the male dug it out and guarded it for over a week, then for the last week the female was inside, and she had blocked the entrance with sand, leaving only a small hole from which she emerged every so often to go to another cave that the male also dug out. this morning when my brother looked into the tank, he saw about 100 fry with the male guarding!!! i am guessing that there were eggs in both caves. ATM they are eating the microscopic organisms on the sand, wood and slate, and when they grow a bit they will be fed on crushed flake. will they need a grow out tank when they get bigger, as the tank they are in is a juwel lido 120, so it only holds 120l of water.

Pics:

007.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

what do you think?

cheers :D

Thats great breeding fish is always fun. :D If you want the fry to quick feed them baby brine shrimp. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Back