• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kitchen nano 35L

Unsucktion (not sure that's a real word lol ) and just wiggle the pipe til you hear the seal break then while you do your maintenance pop the pipes in a bleach water solution about 10_1 I use warm water then when finished maintenance flush out should be pretty clean I do mine once week so they dont get a build up and the seal isnt really stuck.

Once a week?!?!?

You really are a hero

Honestly, I tried everything the get them out, was doing it for 15 mins, tried to heat the hose up, tried to push it further down... nothing. Then crack!

Oh well, I wanted one with a skimmer anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate the longer you leave it the tighter the seal becomes and it gets harder to get off it's so a lot more chance of what happened to.yours tonight much easier if you just do it every time you do your water change it looked like you had left it quiet some time

Once a week?!?!?

You really are a hero

Honestly, I tried everything the get them out, was doing it for 15 mins, tried to heat the hose up, tried to push it further down... nothing. Then crack!

Oh well, I wanted one with a skimmer anyway!

Get an stainless steel inflow and keep the glass outflow.;)

the glass outflow can be cleaned without removing the hose so no big deal.

The stainless steel bottom part is removable (small cap to unscrew) and thus can be cleaned easily without removing the hose too, plus the dirt won’t be seeing if you’re getting lazy. :D

I once broken an glass inlet, fortunate enough I wasn’t cut but that thing is a pain to maintain clean...so I ended up with the solution above. :)

Sorry mate the longer you leave it the tighter the seal becomes and it gets harder to get off it's so a lot more chance of what happened to.yours tonight much easier if you just do it every time you do your water change it looked like you had left it quiet some time

Hadn’t removed it since I set it up 3 weeks ago!

Oh dear, sorry you inlet broke. I love the look of the glass inlet/outlet sets but I know from past experience how difficult it can be to get the hoses off. I went for stainless for both my tanks and I think they look pretty smart and are bullet proof. As I mentioned in another thread, for some strange reason they stay clean inside as well.

Oh dear, sorry you inlet broke. I love the look of the glass inlet/outlet sets but I know from past experience how difficult it can be to get the hoses off. I went for stainless for both my tanks and I think they look pretty smart and are bullet proof. As I mentioned in another thread, for some strange reason they stay clean inside as well.

They stay cleaner much longer because even algae needs light to grow :)

Really enjoying this thread Tucker90. Just received my 35 litre scaper's tank in the post, so I am watching and learning closely!
I too am buying all of the bits individually rather that the set thats offered.
Which leaves me with a question about your filter.. Could you give me a bit of info about it and how it is to work with, cleaning etc?
Thank you.
Simon.

Really enjoying this thread Tucker90. Just received my 35 litre scaper's tank in the post, so I am watching and learning closely!
I too am buying all of the bits individually rather that the set thats offered.
Which leaves me with a question about your filter.. Could you give me a bit of info about it and how it is to work with, cleaning etc?
Thank you.
Simon.

Hi si

Sorry for the late reply!
I have the super fish eco 120

https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/extern...o-flow-120-external-filter-8715897270956.html

It’s a tad noisy but turns over the tank more than 10 times. For the money it’s great but I will he swapping to a oase thermo at some pint in the future!

Been a while since I’ve updated this journal,

Been a “key worker” in this “s**t show” of a pandemic is definitely proving difficult to maintain this hobby as much as I want.

I’ve been keeping up to date with water changes and loosely following a dosing regime.

I will soon be swapping to EI which I will hopefully see an improvement!

Everything’s growing well, crypts have suddenly taken a Growth spurt and my stems are being stems.

Today is the first chance I’ve had an hour to properly maintain the tank; trimmed the stems, trimmed the moss, tidied the wood and stone and cleaned the sand.

To be honest with the very little time I’ve spent on this tank I’m really happy with how it’s looking!

I’ve had a bit of bother with the moss going brown but hopefully plenty of trimming and time will cure this!

Some of my Anubis and buces have holes in the leaves, I’m guessing this is a deficiency somewhere along the line, hopefully with the EI this will get better.

Diatoms have cleared up, small amount of BBA on bum the slow growers and the larger crypt wendiiti brown.

Fighting the urge to remove the sand and have a blast at a carpet, but maybe I’m getting too cocky...

over all quite happy, considering.

324fcc464ba52037498e67046781adce.jpg

f8f83627d85f9306ee7f7df74001902f.jpg

f8db2d838c1c1f429dec17a36a5e84fe.jpg

Awful photos but you get the idea!

Thank you to any and all of you for the help with this tank! Especially jay!

Thanks Tucker.
No problems on the delay, it sounds like you have been really busy.
The tank is looking really good nice. I am yet to set mine up due to the current situation.
Its a funny thing, but I have read more than a couple of times that when people stop tending to their set up, some of the little issues sort themselves out and nature takes over!
Simon.

Wow mate tank looks stunning really nice and clean your doing a great job even through the strange times we are living in its weird when I was at work I didnt have the time to take care of my tanks but did it cause wanted to now I'm.home all the time I cant be bothered lol hard to get motivated i really just wanna go back to work Haha that moss looks very think and bushy lol needs a good hedge trim how did the stems I sent bounce back?

Nice looking nano!

Plants seems to need some macros , especially the yellowing moss generally due to po4 deficiency if that can help ;)

Thanks Tucker.
No problems on the delay, it sounds like you have been really busy.
The tank is looking really good nice. I am yet to set mine up due to the current situation.
Its a funny thing, but I have read more than a couple of times that when people stop tending to their set up, some of the little issues sort themselves out and nature takes over!
Simon.

Yeah, I’ve seen it a few times too!

As for the current situation, it’s absolute madness! I know most shops are still selling plants and other things but I would never buy hardscape online! You need to have a play before deciding things like that!

Wow mate tank looks stunning really nice and clean your doing a great job even through the strange times we are living in its weird when I was at work I didnt have the time to take care of my tanks but did it cause wanted to now I'm.home all the time I cant be bothered lol hard to get motivated i really just wanna go back to work Haha that moss looks very think and bushy lol needs a good hedge trim how did the stems I sent bounce back?

The stems you sent did nothing for about a week or so, then went mad like the rest of them! I think I’ve trimmed them two or three times since you sent them!

I think I’m fairly grateful for been at work still, it’s distracting to say the least, even with the prospect of redundancy!

Nice looking nano!

Plants seems to need some macros , especially the yellowing moss generally due to po4 deficiency if that can help ;)

Thanks cookies! Means a lot coming from yourself!

Luckily jay (above) has educated me on EI, how to mix and dose, so once I get that set up should see an improvement, I believe off the top of my head po4 is on the list of stuff I ordered!

de1aa5434e55a33f5fbbc9ace4f22851.jpg

To carpet or not to carpet?!

Would it just be a case of siphoning the sand out and pouring substrate in and planting?

Planting underwater a going to be a nightmare isn’t it?

Personal i like it without a carpet.... you might consider adding a little MC between the rocks here and there and let it do its own thing, but once it gets going you will need to trim it back to stop it over taking.

Yeah, without the carpet! It looks so 3D and stuff. Very detailed scape :thumbup: Reading more to past, I gave up on lilly pipes, I broke my outlet like in 2 weeks after I got it. Stainless-steel since then and hopefully forever . :cool:

Not going to lie, I’ve barely touched this tank in 2 months, occasionally changing the water and dosing (regularly) That’s it. It looked messy, and I had started to get gsa.

So decided to take a couple of hours to give it some love.

1bab8eeb9cb88cb154cfb994cf1fef2f.jpg

I even cleaned my pipes

Back