• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel Vision 260 300W heater issues

cheekycharly

Hi all just a quickie...

The 300W Juwel heater that came with my tank doesn't seem to be much cop as when I turn the heater dial to its max 32 I get an all around tank temp of about 27-28. It is not adjustable says the rep at juwel so I'm stuck with it.

My question is... If I buy say a 400W visitherm heater to replace it will that get me the tank temp of 29-30 I am wanting for my Discus? Does the extra 100W of power make it warmer?

Thanks

I have the same issue with a juwel heater what is the point in the dial if its not adjustable idiots

Sorry forgot to say I bought a hydro inline heater to go on my external pump its awesome temp is very stable even with heating on

The temperature of the tank is very much dependant on the ambient room temp.
If you raised your room temperature by 2 degrees, youll find youll be able to hit the temp you desire.
Alternatively, yes a more powerful heater will be stonger.

Alternatively, run both & if you get one fail, the temperature wont drop like crazy, and two will find it a lot easier to hold temperature than just one struggling.

Back