• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel rio 120 led options

Saffa

We started a first attempt on co2 planted tank recently. It is now only a 3 month old setup which is starting to look decent in my novice opinion however I’m sure I need stronger lighting as hellanthium “grass” is growing really tall and the ludwigia red only seems to get red near its tallest leaves closer to the light. Can anyone advise please on a good lighting option other than the standard juwel flourecent tubes I have currently with deflectors. I’m also concerned that the brace bars will cause shadowing if I went with LED. The tank is 80cm long.
Some pictures attached for reference
5E3EAA1A-F7E6-4E81-BB9D-51697F11B2A1.jpeg
E6450A34-CA9E-486F-A89B-F58E164915C9.jpeg

Ps: the rainbows are only in this tank temporarily growing out for my other tank!

Are the Juwel multilux leds interchangeable with the fluorescent tubes? I wasn't expecting much with my Rio 450 but everything is growing well with them.

There's also the Helialux unit which is being updated in the autumn with Heloalux Spectrum. I'm considering an upgrade myself.

Not sure about the multilux. I’ve been looking into the helialux it’s £143 but I might well wait for this updated version of which you mentioned.

Growing tall and not getting red are not symptons of light deficiency, more often CO2 related: not enough flow and/or distribution to all parts of the tank ( not reaching deadspots)
Increasing light will increase CO2 related truobles. Be warned:oops:

Growing tall and not getting red are not symptons of light deficiency, more often CO2 related: not enough flow and/or distribution to all parts of the tank ( not reaching deadspots)
Increasing light will increase CO2 related truobles. Be warned:oops:

Thanks Edvet
I’ve got my co2 dialed in pretty good with plenty plenty flow. I’m using an inline diffuser via spray bar. You are probably rite though because we are suffering a heat wave here at the moment in the Uk and I’m getting huge evaporation and the co2 lessens if I dont keep it topped up due to the spray bar/ water level. This is likely the cause. I’m running portable Aircon in that room just to keep the temperature stable in the tank but suffering big evaporation.

Back