• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Juwel Primo - LED light replacements

UrbanDryad

I have a tank which I believe to be an old Juwel Primo 60. It has a Juwel label, the style and dimensions match, but it has an old fashioned T8 incandescent tube rather than a modern LED bar. I wanted to swap this out for an LED, and found a Superfish LED replacement (seemingly of the right dimensions) which was designed to be backwards-compatible. But it... well, it doesn't fit, and it doesn't seem to plug in to the existing electronics in the hood either. I'm not sure where to go from here - jury-rig a different way of attaching it to the hood and just run the cord out the back? Find a different bulb which is fully backwards compatible? (If so, any recommendations on where?) Contacting Juwel is on my radar as an option, but I suspect their answer will be along the lines of "buy our new hood for £££", so I'm hoping there will be some more budget-friendly suggestions here 🙂

1719499993039.jpeg

I have a tank which I believe to be an old Juwel Primo 60. It has a Juwel label, the style and dimensions match, but it has an old fashioned T8 incandescent tube rather than a modern LED bar. I wanted to swap this out for an LED, and found a Superfish LED replacement (seemingly of the right dimensions) which was designed to be backwards-compatible. But it... well, it doesn't fit, and it doesn't seem to plug in to the existing electronics in the hood either. I'm not sure where to go from here - jury-rig a different way of attaching it to the hood and just run the cord out the back? Find a different bulb which is fully backwards compatible? (If so, any recommendations on where?) Contacting Juwel is on my radar as an option, but I suspect their answer will be along the lines of "buy our new hood for £££", so I'm hoping there will be some more budget-friendly suggestions here 🙂

View attachment 220580
Not sure you can find a plug and play 18" led replacement bulb.
Do you think this is a replacement hood?

Ok how long is the t8 bulb?
End of prongs to end of prongs?
I assumed 458mm

The replacement hood comes w one 7w 6500k
led. There are screw holes to add 2 more firva total of 3.
Don't want to know the complete cost to do that. 🙁. And you only get 21 watts and no included dimming.
Novolux led 60 at AliExpress are $40US for those 7 watts.
Soo in US that would be $96 +. (2 x $40)
$176....At over $8/watt well crazy pricing.

This is an example of what you should get.
Well what retrofits without having to rewire.

Back