• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel heliolux

How's it going everyone? Just wanted to check in and ask how these lights are performing?
I've done change of plants and bought more. Plants popping more than ever.
Also setup co2 so hoping to get some good growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi linkinruss...i have set my controller with your times as posted in this thread...can you please advise what luminosity you are using as well...especially for the time between sunrise and sunset when it is day.

tks.

Can't speak for others but my settings are:

Dawn 9am - 10am white 0 / blue 40
Sunrise 11am - 1pm white 85 / blue 85
Sunset 5pm -6pm white 5 / blue 40
Dusk 9pm - 10.30pm white 0 / blue 0

I had some issues with BBA from the previous lights but was double dosing Flourish Excel which has cleared it up (now back to regular dosage). Plants look great and no algae problems, fish and shrimp all happy.

Think my controller may have developed a fault though as it doesn't seem to be fading down into blue only (which it did originally) during the Dusk period prior to all lights going off at 10.30pm.

Hi danmoz...tks for the info...so far so good on my end and trying to cope with diatoms...just maintaining a 4hr daylight duration in order to control everything....best wishes

Hi everyone, first post woo! I've recently purchased a 1200 with the controller and was wondering how everyone's lighting regimes are going, have you changed them? Have you kept at them? I've run for two weeks on:
Dawn 7 - 9 5% blue 10% white
Sunrise 10:30 - 12 100% 100%
Sunset 18:30 - 20:00 5% 10%
Dusk 21 - 22:30 0% 5%

Noticing a bit of algae growing (but the grass and other low plants I have seem a bit dormant at the moment). I'm backing it down to 85% during the day, the 100% I feel gives it a bit of a washed out look. I dose with Liquid Carbon and use root tabs with a sand substrate.
Interesting to know peoples thoughts!

Been running one of these for about a week now, and keeping with the default profile. Everyone else still running custom settings as per this thread or have they evolved some more?

Any ideas whether something like 5% white would actually be noticed by the plants?

I used to have a blue LED that was on 6am to 7am (whilst I am getting ready for work), lights came on 12:00 till 20:00, at which point blue LED came back on till 22:00. Having to replicate this as dawn being 6am till 7am going to about 30% blue then sunrise being 11:30 till 12:30 ramping up to 100%. Sunset is then 19:30 to 20:30 ramping down to 30% blue and then dusk being 22:00 till 23:00 ramping down to 0%.

Wondering whether I could get away with 5% white in the morning or whether this would trigger algae problems or confuse [/confuse] the plants ??

I'm curious about this, too. I'm still in the new tank run-up phase under low lights and use this profile:

Dawn 7-8 5w/20b
Sunrise 11-12 50w/70b
Sunset 17-20 5w/20b
Dusk 21-22 0w/5b

I wonder whether the hour of 5% white and the additional hour of tapering down to 0% in the evening will do anything to encourage plants or algae.

Hello...the specs for the 100cm unit are 45W, 7200K and 5625 Lumen which compare to the T5 unit I have which has two tubes for 45W, 8000K and 2800 Lumen. AIUI this means they are about the same output? (5600 on T5s vs 5625 on LEDs) however the interesting thing I spotted was the controller which allows you to alter the intensity over the day.

Wondering about tweaking the timing/intensity as I have some BBA, I have some plants as well, what's most peoples settings nowadays?

Great, thanks. Slightly off topic but as I am new to co2, what time do you have this scheduled for?

They are on full from 12-7pm, with a 30 minute build up and 30 sunset either side. Then blue light on 5% until 10.30
No CO2 but I am running slightly lower but similar. Off the top of my head I am running 12-8 at 80% with 30 minutes sunrise / sunset. I then run at something like 5% blue till 10pm and start at 5% blue at 6am (This as mainly when I was leaving for work at 6:30 just so I could have a quick peek in the tank before I left, perhaps I should have adjusted this now :rolleyes:)

I do have a lot of floaters though and suspect this is quite a lot of light.

I recieved the helilux 920 for a vision 180 this week, the controller hasn’t arrived yet so I’m just operating as a standard light unit for now.

First impression is that the lights don’t seem very bright at all, the difference between the T5s that have been replaced is very noticeable.

The Smart control arrived today and is DOA so will need to go back. It also seems very basic for what it is - I got similar functionally for free with the 5m WiFi led lights I bought from amazon for £15.

The Juwel light + controller was a really expensive purchase, really starting to doubt its value at the moment :(

Back