• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just some newbie questions on CO2

HullTiger86

Hey Guys,

Pretty new to this pressurised CO2 stuff so just a few questions.

I have the a TMC Aquagro expert(glass) set, and was just wondering what my options are when i run out of CO2.

Was looking at buying 1 of these but not sure how big they are and if it will fit my regulator :?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I was even thinking about going will the refillable bottles but would need 1 of these i think

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/dd-thre ... p-803.html

Would this be ok and also i would have to find out where i can get a bottle and also get it filled :crazy:

Also was looking at getting 1 of these solenoids

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Is that 1 any good or would i just be wasting my money and just dose 24/7.

thanks alot for any help, oh and i dont want a big massive bottle as wont be able 2 hide it easy and my son will end up wanting all the time :lol:

Thanks alot 4 that mate will have a gd look at orderin 1 of them 2nite.

Where can I get a refillable bottle from and I wud have 2 c if anywhere in hull does em.

I would have 2 get a converter 4 my regulator aswell as its 4 disposible bottles. Would that d-d 1 b ok? Or would I b better off getin a new regulator?

Looks fine to me, have a look on eBay quite often see empty jbl tanks on there. There was 1 for sale on here a while back you could also go the fe route

At least you could understand him Rude Dogg LOL

Sorry Hull Tiger I don't mean to be "Rude" (excuse the pun) but that is text talk & this is a forum.
If you can find a fire extinguisher, then, that is a great way to go, look in the phone book to see if there is a service agent.
Also you might want to check out "up" Co2 diffusers as that will get you started on the right foot too.

That wasnt txt talk that was forum talk used to be very active on a reefing forum.

I already have most of the equipment as i got the TMC Aquagro expert sey which is all the glass bits, must say the check valve is abit pants and the tubing keeps sliping off the diffuser.

Will have a look at the "up" diffusers anyway though.

Wanted to just ask if the small regulator i have will be ok on a refillable bottle will an adaptor as its for disposable bottles.

Oh and i will need to have the solenoid on a timer like i have the lights on yes? stupid question i know but got to make sure lol

RudeDogg1 said:
yes you want the co2 to come on an hour befor lights on and hour befor lights off

I understand with the hour before lights come on but why an hour before they go off? Wont it get used up b4 that?

Oh and how long should I have my light on 4 and what do u guys think of a brake in lighting?

I'm not sure why half an hour b4 lights out it's just what everyone does my drop checker is still green in the morning so I'd say it won't be used up in half an hour lol. I have my lights on for 8 hours

Thanks alot mate. I will change my lightin times. And should I get a drop checker thing? Only problem is im in a real hard water area and dont really want 2 use RO water. I have some peat in my filter though.

I think a drop checker works off the effect the trapped air has on the test liquid so hopefully the ph of the water in the tank wont effect it.

Wheres best place 2 get one from which are good but not real expensive

the co2 will lower your ph a drop checker is pretty much a perminant ph visual monitor. You also want to fill it with 4dk water or get the 4dk and bromo mix all of which you can get from our sponsor aqua essentials aswell as our other sponsors

I have got alot of stuff from them all ready. I had a look on there and couldnt find the 4dkh water, also which drop checker should I get as they are loads of different 1s.

I have read that alot of people use the jbl 1s I have also seen a few other 1s on ebay.

I found the solutions was looking in the wrong bit lol. Dont know which would be the best drop checker though lol

Back