• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just bought the JBL e1901 and i am not sure about the sound!

Ovidiu

Hey everyone, today i recieved my filter with no scratches or transport issues and right now its making a mechanical sound that i cannot understand. I need to know if i have to send it back or no. I will post a clip so you can make an ideea. Please help!

Sounds like the impeller bouncing around. This sometimes happens when I've just cleaned mine. Have you tried knocking it on and of rapidly a few times and giving it a little rock to try and make it burp out the air bubble?

I too have used a JBL e1901 and it was silent as a tomb ;so if it's not air bubbles or filter media moving inside or outside the baskets, I suspect a malfunction

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

I also opened up the filter 10 minutes ago to check the propeller and everything is up in place. It looks like everything is in order but the sound i am sure its not bubbles. I tilted it in all directions and also did what you mentioned. Now it sounds like a small air pump from the outside but no air is coming out and the flow is ok. Never happened to me like this with these filters...

You can see here it sounds like an air pump but no bubbles are coming out in the tank.

Mine did that for first few days. Ensure the impellor shaft is seated in little rubber grommets properly else it wiggled causing the knocking sound. It's made worse when baskets aren't seated on each other properly so wiggle each one as you insert them. It does go away.

I will give it a day and see how that works out. Ill post an update after i get back from work. Thanks for all the help and fast responses! Really appreciate it

If it makes you feel any better sometimes my Aqua one can sometimes do it for weeks and knocking it on and off stops it maybe for a few hours, sometimes for a few days.
I appreciate you could do with knowing though while you have time to send it back. I guess either co2 or o2 builds up in them now and again. The impeller is at the top where it collects.

So i gave the filter one day to see if anything is going to change and i also opened it up today to fill it up with more matrix and checked the baskets, propeller and everything was alligned perfectly. This sound like an air pump is getting a little annoying and louder and tommorrow i will send it back. I am a huge fan of JBL filters and have used them for at least 10 years but now im disappointed. I was really happy with all the filtration volume but i guess ill try eheim or fluval for my tank or maybe change it for another and see if i had bad luck with this one.

I feel sorry for you ; I would try the new FX4 ; it has a draining valve to facilitate WC and they had a promotion , a gravel cleaner included

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

I have once or twice reassembled my e1501 and failed to lock the impellor plate properly. Normal quietness after reassembly but after a day or two very loud humming as the plate comes loose.Taking apart and puting back together properly fixed that.

Also be careful about allowing the filter hoses to touch any cabinet as this can cause noise & humming. I have to carefully fiddle with my hoses to ensure they and my CO2 diffuser do not touch the cabinet after I have been fiddling with the filter or else the whole cabinet & tank hums quite loudly.

Back