• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

journey into the shallow forest

RynoParsons

So I decided to start my journal.

The tank is 90x60x30h (cm)
2x 150w amazon sun kessil lights
Substrate will be river sand
Lots of rock and wood.

Moslty anubias java fern moss crypts and tenellus

Fish dont know yet.

Going to use broms and ferns emmersed on the wood.

No co2

Going to use a new local (south african) brand of ferts and carbon

20150211_185136_zpsz4we0qfa.jpg

20150211_185152_zps6sybqwdi.jpg

20150211_185202_zpsghdvucf8.jpg

still a work in progress deciding on the scape

still waiting for cabinet
and still decinding on filtration.

Let me know what you think

Very interesting! Especially this width x depth ratio. Will be intersted to see how you use the (front to back) depth to place Rock/wood Islands

Subscribed

All I know is it wont be easy to get good photos of the scape because of it being so shallow and wide

Interesting and slightly surreal...reminds me of the scenery from an old Flash Gordon movie...obviously in a good way tho'. Looking forward to seeing this come to life.

Thanx. Its the first time I try a scape like this and my first freshwater tank on 2years.

Setting up tank tomorrow

Looking forward to your emmersed ideas too :peeking:

Must say im soooooooo excited cant wait for tomorrow afternoon to setup the tankm will probably spam my journal with pics.

Another challenge is to keep keep the algae at bay with such a shallow tank and no co2!

Must say love kessil leds. Used it before and I wont get other leds

Thanx @Troi will check the link now. Think its going to be a fun exciting journey!
Hope you guys enjoy the setup like I would. Might not be the best scape out there but its my own and its a total new concept for me

Can't wait :nailbiting:

me wan pitcha :snaphappy:

When its set up I will post pics. Still busy with the lay out. Figuring out where to put which plants. Stilk need to get more java ferns and bilbitis

Back