• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Joe's tank

Hi Joe,

Jason here aka angelfishguy, ive talked to you a few times on the irish forum, ive recently started a low-tech tank so if you do deciede to start yours up again, send me a pm and ill see what plants i can post up to you.

hi, it is sooooooooo long since I have logged in it is embarrassing, tks for the offer of plants Jason, I did set up another tank last year, but this time I set it up slightly differently, I used much heavier branching to avoid them breaking ,bending and cracking as the plants grew, the tank substrate is silica sand, the return flow from the external filter is sent directly back into the water in one corner to illiminate any splashing, the only time there is splashing onto the plants is when i am doing a water change and the tank is fed nothing other than the inhabitants waste and what is delivered via the fresh water changes as the animals living in it would be pretty sensitive to any nutrients added, it is home to a reverse trio of Pipa pipa that have been doing pretty well, growing steadily since i picked them up, fingers crossed and hoping that they will decide to breed in the future, here is a picture of the tank

Attachments

• IMG_20170101_164748.jpg
    IMG_20170101_164748.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 287
tks, there were a few nice fish species in that last tank, I don't think they would last too long in this new setup with the toads though!! this is a different tank, this one is a 6x2x2 tank with a sump, the sump is connected but not opperational at the moment as the water level is pretty low at the moment so the durso would not work, I have been slowly reducing the water level and increasing the temp recently to try simulate a water pool in the dry season, my next stage will be to flood it with cool rainwater and increase turbulence a bit for my pretend rainy season, just to see if it stimulates the toads towards reproductive mode......... we'll see, if not i will try something else, there is bound to be something to get them in the mood!

Back