• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jewel vision internal pump

There's nothing stopping you from using a small pond pump
Just need one that a hose attaches to the inlet size then just silicone some flexible pipe into the filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halley,

Re the replacement there's an adapter for the bottom bit where old fittings match new ones, I had the old style so pretty much swapped the whole lot out, the colour wire casings were exposed underneath the black containing wire if you know what I mean, so it was easier just to get rid of the old one altogether.

Have to say I'm curious Dean about your fluval adaptation? Was it a case of sticking 12 or 16 mm pipe/hose down to the bottom of the filter chamber to feed the pump intake?

Anyway all the best

EDA usual spelling etc

Halley,

Have to say I'm curious Dean about your fluval adaptaption? Was a case of sticking 12 or 16 mm pipe/hose down to the bottom of the filter chamber to feed the pump intake?

Anyway all the best

No the adapter just threw the power head of at the angle to match the juwel pumps
It pushed onto the base of the power head and push into the filter tube
Was just like fitting a new juwel pump

Nice one Dean,

If only I'd remembered about this place when I was replacing the pump, I might've saved a few bob. But to be honest that's 10 years give or take a year, of 24/7 usage and the cost compared to most other toys for the hobby is pretty cheap (hope "juwel" aren't following the thread :) )

I do hate their nozzle fittings though.

Hi my jewel internal pump went a few weeks back. I need a new one for my jewel vision 180 - can anyone recommend someone on eBay or elsewhere to order from?

Hey Halley,
Honestly if you can that is, save yourself the time and money and put it towards getting yourself an Eheim classic external filter. That hideous box of an internal filter takes up so much space not too mention additional costs of purchasing the filter sponges and pads. You'll get a hell of a load more filtration using an external filter and way more flow depending on which model you purchase. I currently own a Juwel Vision 180 myself and personally I couldn't wait to get rid of the isaw the moment I could afford my Eheim 2217 (that I pretended to gift my brother on his birthday) :)
You'll be surprised with the amount of space you've created by removing it and all it requires is a knife to dislodge the adhesive between the filter box from the glass.
In addition to this you can also hook up a Hydor external heater (which i just picked up second hand last last week from shpock) on the outlet of the return pipe which means even less equipment inside your tank. As pricey as eheim external filter maybe I recommend you getting it as they've been tried and tested by professionals all over and parts are readily available if required. Have a look around on Shpock,Ebay Gumtree as you can get them for a fraction of the pirce in good nick too.
Trust me it's the best investment you can make for your tank and I promise you won't look back at that stupid box unless you plan to sell it.

Last edited:
Back