• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL regulator?

FishyJake13

Just wondering if anybody could help or has any experience.

I have a couple of old disposable bottle fit JBL reg's, One has the washer type ring but the other must have been the older version and the seal is the silly glue/silicon bead. The beading is wearing away quite abit, haven't used it for quite a while and not recently tested to see if it actually leaks, however if it does, is there anyway of repairing?. I know you can purchase the replacement washer bit for the other one but would this work on the old style reg? .

Any info would be most helpful :)

P.S, sorry if this is in the wrong section, i couldn't seem to find a relevant place :oops:

Dolly Sprint 16v said:
Any picyies of the old style reg + washer - if its got green faced gauges all you need is an "O" ring.

See attached web site for "O" rings.

http://www.polymax.co.uk/acatalog/O-Rin ... lymax.html

Regards
Paul.

I will try and get a pic up tomorrow for you, however yes it is the green dials but it is the old style which they had a design fault with i think, ie. they used a constant bead of glue/silicon to prevent leaks instead of what they used on the newer model, a proper O ring.

Maybe i didn't explain it to well in my original post (very likely), what i want to know is, if this silicon bead is worn off to much that it leaks, 'could' i replace with an o ring like is on the later models?.

Take a look here---> http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10230

There is also a pic and you have infact posted on that thread aswell lol ;)

This JBL gauge has a "O" ring as a seal.

JBLReg.jpg

Regards
paul

Thanks for that :thumbup: , not entirely sure how that's meant to help me though :?: lol

The above gauge has a recess machined into the portion thats goes into the cylinder, this is where the "O" ring fits. There is no seal within the bore of the reg. just a brass gauze to prevent and debris entering the gauge.

DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

I think you gauge is the newer type with green gauges rather then the blue one and the problem is like the thread shortcut within your previous posting.

Regards
paul.

Dolly Sprint 16v said:
The above gauge has a recess machined into the portion thats goes into the cylinder, this is where the "O" ring fits. There is no seal within the bore of the reg. just a brass gauze to prevent and debris entering the gauge.

DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

I think you gauge is the newer type with green gauges rather then the blue one and the problem is like the thread shortcut within your previous posting.

Regards
paul.
this is the refillable reg the op is talking about the jbl dissposable reg
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot about this thread, yes the pics show the refillable reg whereas i'm talking about the disposable version :thumbup:

Anybody else have any idea's on my original Q?

Back