• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL ProFlora Taifun

aaronjeffels

Seedling
Hi i was just wanting to know if any one had one of these type of diffusers.
I currently have a ceramic disk diffuser placed under my intake as i have a 300l tank and its the best way for me to get the co2 around my tank at the moment. I also have one of the JBL diffusers as my local maidenhead fish store have a really good planted tank and they use one of these diffusers in their set up.
Every time I have used it you can see the bubbles getting smaller as they rise but my drop checker has never once turned green, just stays a solid dark blue.

If any one has used or are using one of these let me know how you got on.

aaron

I have one... Same problem....

Thinking of getting a ceramic diffuser.... but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'll invest in a pH Tester shortly to see how the pH is behaving

Every time I have used it you can see the bubbles getting smaller as they rise but my drop checker has never once turned green, just stays a solid dark blue.
Which tall is your diffuser? You need to set it in a place with great water motion. I also use JBL taifun diffuser. For me, it works really very well. My tank has 2 meters lenght so I've placed 3 diffusers into the tank. however, you can just put a single diffuser on the middle of the background glass.

I've just got the standard size one.....when I was looking at my lfs I noticed you could buy extensions and they placed the diffuser next to the intake. I've just placed a circulation pump so I think I'll give it another go..
P.s the tanks 100cm long and 60cm high

I've just got the standard size one.....when I was looking at my lfs I noticed you could buy extensions and they placed the diffuser next to the intake. I've just placed a circulation pump so I think I'll give it another go..
P.s the tanks 100cm long and 60cm high
Yes, you could buy some more extensions to make it higher. But I think you need to improve your flow before. The best way is to connect your pumps and filters outputs to a spraybar that would be placed near the water surface and be extended to all tank lenght. A good flowing rate is roughly 10 times the aquarium volume per hour.

Back