• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jbl greenlines

Lindy

Can you adjust flow in these filters? Looking at 901 or 1501 but would probably have to reduce flow on the 1501

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I own a JBL e401, I would say that I prefer them to my classic Eheims. They are very efficient (very low energy consumption), silent and easy to clean/manage.
All the models include levers in the inlet and outlet, although in most places you will hear that it is not advisable to use them in the long term as it can damage the filter and produce leaks (due to over pressure? Not sure, I am not an expert). I was a bit worried at the beginning because my e401 (400 lph) is switched to a 21 liters tanks... so I have a 19x turnover and a canister volume of 4 liters (20% of the tank volume!). But you know what? It's the better choice I've ever made. The flow is perfect and I am not adjusting it.
I am seriously considering to buy a JBL e901 for my 60 liters tank (that is currently using an Eheim 2215 rated at 620 lph). 1/3 more flow with less energy consumption and more media volume.

Jordi

Thanks Parotet. I have eheim ecco 130 and 200 and like them but flow is at maximum and have both of them on this tank with very little media in the 200 and peat and floss in the 130. Had the tetratec 1200 and liked it but it was a messy filter to clean with water going everywhere so sold it. Think I'll try and pick up a 1501 gl

I'm currently using an e701 on a 45litre tank at full flow and have it around half full of media. Seems fine to me.

Building up a 90litre now and am still undecided between a 901 and 1501 for this.

Back