• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jbl e1501 giving me hard time.

Konsa

Hi all
Recently got myself a second hand jbl e1501 greenline and have trobles with it.
First the filter made very loud humming noise that could hear before I went in the room. After very detailed inspection ,reassembly and hose reduction so they not even touching the back panel of my cabinet managed to reduce the noise significantly.The filter is only touching the cabinet with the rubber legs and all air is pumped out too.
There is a small chip on one the impeller's blades that may cause to vibrate a bit.And thinking of getting a new one.
The thing is when I lift the filter of the bottom it goes dead silent but as soon as the rubber legs touch the bottom of the cabinet there is some light humming that appears.Its not bothering me too much as it was before but having in mind all reviews how silent the jbl filters are its doing my box a bit.
Any ideas how can resolve that.
Regards Konsa

I stand mine on a pile of carpet offcuts, as mine induces hum in the cabinet otherwise.

Also like you hum induced in cabinet if piping touches the cabinet.

Replacing the impellor might also be a good idea. Impellor kit comes with replacement rubber bushes, which unfortunately you need a JBK extractor tool to remove the one inside the filter. Some people report using a 3" wood screw is equally effective.

Thanks Ian.
Was thinking to use some carpet bits myself as have some atm.
Did U manage to silence it at all that way?
Regards Konsa

Did U manage to silence it at all that way?
No still hums in the cabinet, but not enough to be noticeable in my lounge.

If placed on the wooden floor next to the cabinet it is silent.

Next stop might me place on a cut piece of paving stone in the cabinet. I placed the shower pump, that was in the loft of my old house, on a paving stone to stop it making annoyingly large amounts of noise.

I suspect the impeller is the source of your troubles.

My e1501 is pretty quiet, not the quietest but just a slight hum.

Hi
It actually is almost silent atm with a bathroom towel under it.Will cut some heavy duty carpet bits to size these days to put them instead of the towel.
Thanks all for the help.
Regards Konsa

Back