• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

java moss

passerby*

just wondering....if any body could recommend an easy growin moss...and if so..where i could purchase it.
thanks for your time....passerby

I think you've answered your own question with the post title 🙂 Java moss is pretty easy to grow, as are most mosses to be honest.

Ebay has a lot of mosses, but GreenLine is selling portions of Xmas moss quite cheap too. You could also post a wanted thread in the Buy/Sell/Swap forum, I'm sure there's lots of mosses around on the forum that people will be able to send you free/cheap 🙂

I'd echo Steves comments. You will find that some mosses grow at different speeds. So if you are looking to cover a large area that is good to bear in mind. (Flame moss is noticeably slower for me) I have gone for little bits of different mosses all over the tank rather than a large cover of one particular type. I don't have any spare right now, but probably will in a couple of weeks. If you can't wait that long head over to the wants\swaps section 🙂

cheers for your replys.....i will head over..to the wanted section..wish me luck.. thanks for the advice given, i had an idea about java moss being the easiest to grow..its a nano tank ive got at the moment meaning..i dnt need loads. i now feel i should go with more than one type of moss to create a better lookin tank and experiment with moss to see what i like due to i have not actually seen any moss in person..only on the internet..lol

thanks for your time....passerby

Back