• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Iwagumi...

Cabinet is from crystal aqua the same as the tank.

Co2 on 3pm
Lights on 530pm
Co2 off 10pm
Lights off 1130pm

Co2 at 1 bubble a second through Ada pollen diffuser.

New angle

a623d20dd5c64f301abb31ed0f6e55a5.jpg

Seeing some diatoms so will add some amanos asap.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi , i see 2-3 transparent leaves of Monte Carlo between the rocks , do you have any idea why ?
Are they transparent or i can't see well ?
Think that is just the original invitro plant which doesn't always transition.

On the other hand the diatoms I had have gone mental in the last 3 days.. the amanda don't touch it so maintenance will be the only cure which might be tough to find time.
I've never had this before, the regrow rate is about 36 hrs from clear to this...
d48d4b74d53280eec0d937353f7a0e88.jpg

WOW that's crazy :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed:

& yet, strangely reassuring :D ;)

perhaps some of the larger nerite snails? or an army of the tiny horned nerites which are very amusing as they traverse tiny stems that bend beneath their weight :)

Well i see diatoms but also hair algae , which leads to CO2 , try increase co2 , i'm pushing 2.5 bps in my 60 liter tank with ADA polen glas beetle 30 .

Ottos and amanos are the best diatoms eaters i saw , when i moved ottos and amanos from my old tank to the new one diatoms were gone in 2 days , but i never had the amount you have in this tank .

Good luck , i would increase CO2 to 2 bps and if tank is cycled would add ottos and amanos

Well i see diatoms but also hair algae , which leads to CO2 , try increase co2 , i'm pushing 2.5 bps in my 60 liter tank with ADA polen glas beetle 30 .

Ottos and amanos are the best diatoms eaters i saw , when i moved ottos and amanos from my old tank to the new one diatoms were gone in 2 days , but i never had the amount you have in this tank .

Good luck , i would increase CO2 to 2 bps and if tank is cycled would add ottos and amanos
No hair algae, just diatoms. Clean up crew has been increased today to help out but otherwise I'll just keep up maintenance and let it burn out.

Hi Iain, I have just had the same Algae :( A 4 day black out and 3x dose carbo sorted it out. Well so far :)

Why did the Twinstar not stop it ???
Hey, I might resort to black out in a few weeks but I'm hopeful it will burn out.

Two-star only really helps with green algae...

Having been busy meant I have done nothing with tackling the diatoms, low and behold it all burnt out. I gave it its first water change today since the algae picture. Was really surprised it disappeared so quickly and completely.
Before water change. Forgot to take it before starting to trim.
d07ff58758b0c0cdbba83d41f8e4216f.jpg

c9b41310e4465d2e929da18a37bb9667.jpg

Last edited:
Back