• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[IWAGUMI] My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125 (THE END)

Could we pencil in say Saturday morning/lunch time to be confirmed closer the time?
Not working weekends anymore for a while so sounds like a plan ;)

Cool, in the mean time I will look into a possible space and give some thought to it lol. What co2 set up would be needed to go with it?

This is purely all out of interest I am not tempted ( must keep telling myself that lol )

What co2 set up would be needed to go with it?
Just the usual pressurised system with Regulator+ solenoid ;)
I have no intention of parting with it anytime soon either lol (also keep telling myself I don't need a new tank!)

can u break down your water parameters please love your rainbows just a bit confused as they like a PH of between 7-8 and warmer temps so wondering forktail rainbows are getting on.

can u break down your water parameters please love your rainbows just a bit confused as they like a PH of between 7-8 and warmer temps so wondering forktail rainbows are getting on.
They are no longer in the tank, all I have now is minnows and pigmy corries. thanks

Big transformation from the start of the journal to how it looks today. 2 for the price of 1:thumbup:
Both looking amazing, what is your favourite the blyxa or the crypts background. Both look great by the way.

does that mean they did not like the conditions?
it means I unfortunately gassed them with CO2!! :crazy: :shh: good thing I only got a few to try out!

Both looking amazing, what is your favourite the blyxa or the crypts background. Both look great by the way.
Thanks Mark, due to lack of time and maintenance this turned into something else over time as my scapes tend to do! The Blyxa was good but very demanding and if you slack off it will straight away nosedive, needs high level of CO2, flow, ferts and maintenance all the time. I have been slacking so it almost died off completely. Off course the crypts do even better when you leave them alone and they don't really care if you have low CO2 or not, they just grow faster or slower!

thank you looking forward to more updates and enjoying this thread.........mmmm still tempted with the forktails

thank you looking forward to more updates and enjoying this thread.........mmmm still tempted with the forktails
Great fish, would recommend a species only tank as they are like bullets around the tank and don't give other fish much chance of any food lol

Yeah got that impression lol.....still cautious due to having a lower PH then they poss like mine is 6.15

Very nice setup! Do you have any recent pictures?
Where did you source the rock?
Haven't taken any photos recently as its a mess lol has changed a lot since the last photo, trying to clean it up a little ...well started and let it run wild again! lol I will try and get some photos up soon!

As the first post says:
Hardscape: 15Kg of Dragon Stone (from Aquatic Design Centre)
Thanks for looking :)

Wow! I love this tank, especially in it's jungle phase!

I have a quick question for you LondonDragon... are you still running the Cristal Profi1501?

Does it all fit well in the Juwel Rio 125 cabinet and hood? Would you recommend it to others.

I have a 125 and want to add an external. The internal is just not good enough and cleaning the water.

Thanks in advance
Aaron

I have a quick question for you LondonDragon... are you still running the Cristal Profi1501? Does it all fit well in the Juwel Rio 125 cabinet and hood? Would you recommend it to others.
Hi Aaron,
Still running the Profiti, very good filter in my opinion and fits perfectly under the Rio, I would recommend JBL filters all the time. Just love them! :) and their customer support is second to none!! Had an issue with a filter I purchased secondhand off someone, the filter box was damaged when I received it, contacted them and they sent me a new one free of charge.

Uprooted a couple of plants the other day and this was the result:

2013-09-01 09.48.59.jpg

Therefore this is the end of this journal, time to start over!

2013-09-08 18.39.04.jpg

Not sure what is next! back to the drawing board! :)

Im looking forward to a new journal Paulo :)

Back