• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ista CO2 Cylinder

FrozenShivers

Once I've gotten through all my 2KG fire extinguishers, I thought about replacing with an Ista CO2 Cylinder. Will the same people that refill fire extinguishers fill up these? And I assume that the branding is just a sticker so I could remove it for a cleaner aesthetic? Thanks.

Once I've gotten through all my 2KG fire extinguishers, I thought about replacing with an Ista CO2 Cylinder. Will the same people that refill fire extinguishers fill up these? And I assume that the branding is just a sticker so I could remove it for a cleaner aesthetic? Thanks.
You should probably ask whoever refills your fire extinguishers? I expect it will vary depending who you talk to in terms of liability etc… Some will probably refill it for cash, no questions asked. Some will ask for certificates of conformity, manufacturers specs etc and may be suspicious of something they’re unfamiliar with.

Just ask your FE guy.

You should probably ask whoever refills your fire extinguishers? I expect it will vary depending who you talk to in terms of liability etc… Some will probably refill it for cash, no questions asked. Some will ask for certificates of conformity, manufacturers specs etc and may be suspicious of something they’re unfamiliar with.

Just ask your FE guy.

I don't have a FE guy yet as I've not had to get an re-fills yet as I'm still on my initial supply haha. I'll try and ask around though.

I’ve got a good guy in Edinburgh I can recommend for FE. I’m going to pick up a spare soon so I can ask about refilling but you’ll almost certainly find somewhere a wee bit closer.

Don't think it's the same thread connection as a Fire Extinguisher!

You want to pay a visit to Forth Fire Protection in the Elizafield estate off Bonnington Road in Leith, Edinburgh. They’ll fill your extinguishers or other gas cylinders for you no problem, can’t do Sodastream (new type) bottles though, we’ve tried already and it’s got an anti-fill device. If you want to source a gas cylinder with a tap instead of using a Fire extinguisher they quoted me about £50 a few years ago. They’ll also sell Extinguishers filled for about £35. You might not get your bottles filled on the same day you drop them off so plan for that.

:)

Don't think it's the same thread connection as a Fire Extinguisher!
DIN477 and CGA 320 Ista.
Paint or Spray the Fire Extinguisher Cylinder in any colour you like!
That's what I do!

You want to pay a visit to Forth Fire Protection in the Elizafield estate off Bonnington Road in Leith, Edinburgh. They’ll fill your extinguishers or other gas cylinders for you no problem, can’t do Sodastream (new type) bottles though, we’ve tried already and it’s got an anti-fill device. If you want to source a gas cylinder with a tap instead of using a Fire extinguisher they quoted me about £50 a few years ago. They’ll also sell Extinguishers filled for about £35. You might not get your bottles filled on the same day you drop them off so plan for that.

What size is that? I paid £20 for my 2kg filled.

They were 2kg brand new cylinders, filled and safety inspected. It’s a reasonable price to pay if like me you run out of gas and forget to plan ahead for not getting refilled on the day and you absolutely can’t do without it. It pays to have spare cylinders, I’ve got 3 FE and two 1Kg cylinders with taps, and if god forbid for some reason I’ve run out and my man’s off sick then I’ve got a sodastream regulator and a Lakeland next to work that stocks the bottles.

They were 2kg brand new cylinders, filled and safety inspected. It’s a reasonable price to pay if like me you run out of gas and forget to plan ahead for not getting refilled on the day and you absolutely can’t do without it. It pays to have spare cylinders, I’ve got 3 FE and two 1Kg cylinders with taps, and if god forbid for some reason I’ve run out and my man’s off sick then I’ve got a sodastream regulator and a Lakeland next to work that stocks the bottles.

I was going to say, the guy I got mine from is only a short drive from your work so probably quite convenient. The cylinder isn’t a brand new one but that doesn’t bother me. He’s a legit fire contractor who we’ve dealt with through work in the past and he’s been in business for decades. It’s definitely good to have options and spares.

I’ve forgotten the name of the place now but when I’m back from holiday I’ll find out and let you know.

Back