• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this too much light?

Matnez

Hi,

I have a Fluval Spec V which is a 19l tank. I upgraded from the stock lighting and I went with this light which is a 20W Juwel Twin Lite for the Juwel Korall 60 Aquarium 20w
The reason I went with it is that it was the right length for the tank, but now on reflection I wondering if it is too much light.

It sits directly on the top of the tank. I am running Co2 and dosing with Dennerle plant elixir with every water change as per the instructions.

I do have small issues with algae but nothing major.

I just want to know if this much light is likely to course issues further down the line.

Thanks,

Matt

11W would be more than enough for that tank, but saying that if you can pump enough CO2 in there to compensate for the amount of light it is not too much! But it gives you no margin for error on CO2, ferts and flow. Reducing it will help, all my tanks up to 30l only have 11w.

Thanks for that Paulo. I was wandering if you would have any suggestions on lighting for this tank. The issue is the length of the tank, the planted area is about 18inches long so it is tricky finding a light the will cover the whole length.

Matt

Cool well I have added some floating plants which will decrease the light intensity in places and I guess I could raise the light higher if needed.

Thanks,

Matt

Back