• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is that a normal canister filter noise ?

eminor

Hello, i only had internal filter, kind of first time with canister filter, is that noise normal ? sounds like (hum) thx

ps: the bubble noise are co2 which seems to be normal cause i use the filter as a reactor

Hard to tell from the audio... there might be some air trapped in there - try and tilt the canister slightly and slowly back and forth... Worked for me in the past when using canister filters and had noise due to trapped air.
Cheers,
Michael

Hard to tell from the audio... there might be some air trapped in there - try and tilt the canister slightly and slowly back and forth... Worked for me in the past when using canister filters and had noise due to trapped air.
Cheers,
Michael

there is a leak when i move it, could be the cause ?

Sound like there is something rattling? Could be an air bubble and or Impeller out of balance, broken impeller shaft? To much play in the joints, some pumps have their shaft in little rubber caps, which might be something out of line or worn.

Just a few details to look for...

Could be a build up of C02 in the filter which isnt a good thing.
i placed the diffuser near the intaken where can i place it to avoid that ?

Possibly. If its leaking you should definitely unplug it, find the cause and fix it immediately - What brand/model is this?

eden 521, it's leaking only if i move it, i will fix it

Sound like there is something rattling? Could be an air bubble and or Impeller out of balance, broken impeller shaft? To much play in the joints, some pumps have their shaft in little rubber caps, which might be something out of line or worn.

Just a few details to look for...

the shaft is good, not sure about the impeller, is a canister totally silent or is it normal to hear it 10 meters away ?

i placed the diffuser near the intaken where can i place it to avoid that ?

the shaft is good, not sure about the impeller, is a canister totally silent or is it normal to hear it 10 meters away ?
No that is not normal... :) If it's leaking, only when you move it. still says it has a leaking seal. When this leak is at the suction side of the pump then it could be infiltrated air. It leaks opposite it doesn't spill water but sucks in the air... Fix this leak...

If it still rattles after this, check the impellers play, up and down. If you can't check this manually then find a small washer that fits over the shaft, put this over the impeller shaft to reduce the axial play.

The last post in the thread, translated.

Then I also have to refer back to the rubber cap on the shaft placed at both ends bushings. Did you lose this during a cleaning? Then the shaft looks good but still has radial play... Check if it needs this... I don't know about this Eden but have seen other pumps that have it.

Last edited:

Where is it leaking from ? You might want to take it apart and re-assemble it - making sue all the rubber sealing are not twisted etc. That may stop the leak and solve the noise issue. more details on the eden 521 filter

I've owned many different canister filters back in the day... some made a bit of noise yes, but not enough for you to hear it 10 meters or 30 feet away in a normal house hold environment.

Cheers,
Michael

Where is it leaking from ? You might want to take it apart and re-assemble it - making sue all the rubber sealing are not twisted etc. That may stop the leak and solve the noise issue. more details on the eden 521 filter

I've owned many different canister filters back in the day... some made a bit of noise yes, but not enough for you to hear it 10 meters or 30 feet away in a normal house hold environment.

Cheers,
Michael
Leak is only at o-ring, I can't find any on the internet, I'm going to use teflon-PTFE underneath the seal, i'll do the same think in the impeller entry chamber (sorry for my english)

Back