• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is pearling and good thing?

oddn0ise

Pearling is a rare sight in my tank but have increased the CO2 bubble rate a fraction but also added a little EasyCarbo after a major water change. Several plants are pearling and although it's an exciting sight does it mean my levels are right or a little high?

If you've increased carbon availability then your resultant pearling is a good sign of happy plants. You don't have to see pearling to have healthy plants, but from your changes it's a good response.
Often though plants can respond like this after a water change due to the higher levels of co2 offered in tap water or from exposure to the atmosphere with lower water levels. Only time will tell if its the tweaks you have made which lead to the pearling, or just the water change.
Cheerio
Ady

Seems I was adding to my reply as you have reposted and I think I've answered your question :)
I didn't notice at first that you had just carried out a water change so edited my post.
Cheerio,
Ady

Back