• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is my lighting to much?

Amanos and Ramshorn are fine with angels from my own experience, it really depends on the individual. But like what Clive said its best to tackle the cause of the problem. Amanos and Ramshorn together does not eat every type of algae, most algae eaters have their algae that they will like to eat and will only eat those. Once the algae they like to eat are gone, other algae will be left and can grow in. This is why you often see people add lots of different algae eaters in the tank, this can cause problems with your tank if it is already stocked to its capacity especially once the algae are eaten and you're required to supplement the algae eaters with more food. Therefore, its always wise to fix the causes by say lowering the lighting levels or fixing the CO2/flow problems.

I agree, my main effort is too fix the root of the problem anyway. I'll hold off adding anything until I have sorted the algae issues.

Might take a few week's but as I and other's have suggested,reducing the intensity, +duration ,wiil go a long way's toward's your goal.
Algae ain't gonna recede when condition's favor it.
Hard to move folk's off their light's that they paid mucho$$ for and these folk's will alway's be fighting against self inflicted problem's that are quick to appear, and harder than need be to get a handle on.
Can alway's flood the tank with light ,but light might be more than chosen method can tolerate at least,,initially.IMHO

Back