• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is my CO2 cylinder empty??

jalexst

Hi Everyone,

This question will sound rediculous.

There is no CO2 coming out of my cylinder, is it empty?

I noticed that for the second time in 2 months my no return valve for the CO2 has packed in and there is water in all the pipes, solenoid, right back to the pressure regulator, but as far as I can tell not inside the regulator.

As soon as I noticed this had happened I turned everything off, cleaned out all the pipes, and tried to turn on the co2 again, but got a few bubbles, then it slowed and stopped completely. I read one thread about sticky cylinder valves, and have taken it outside for a quick blast and got nothing either.

So I have had my co2 running for 2 months about one bubble per second for 8 hours a day. It is a 500g cylinder so maybe it has just run out, and it's just a coincidence that is is the same time as the water problem. Does that sound right? It's my first one so I don't know how long they last in general.

Please let me know your thoughts.

J.

If it doesn't work when you take it outside and give it a blast then it's definitely empty. You could also have leaks in the line somewhere causing high usage. Also, I'd divulge check your equipment as water running back into the solenoid and reg can damage them quite a bit.
Couldn't advise you on how Long it should last you but I'd have thought 1 bubble a second on a 500g bottle for two months is possibly about right.

Thanks Alistair,

Maybe it is just a coincidence that it ran out then... What doe's "Divluge check" mean, and how would I go about it?

Also can anybody recommend a good non-return valve as this is the second one I have been through in two months.

Yeah I should put one before the drop checker since water is sucked up the pipe aswell when the pressure changes.

Are they the type of thing that needs checking and replacing then or have I been unlucky with mine?

Great, Ordered allready! I'll put clear hose on my Christmas List!

Thanks Alastair

Yep def empty, metal non returns all the way. What bubble counter are you using? I found the jbl ones arnt very air tight and lost alot of co2

Yeah I got a JBL one. The non return valves where JBL too, Figured it was gonna be pretty sound. Maybe Ill get a new one of those too. Any recommendations?

i think the jbl bubble counter fails due to the higher than normal working presure needed to work the atomiser.get one of them sealed ones and a metal non return that sorted my probs

Back