• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ipad2

... same can be said on other touchpads, get this get that make it better, improve your productivity with this app or that app etc... and the way how you can use and how it feels to you is always personal matter. I personally like webOS and no iOS can match it in my view.

I know it is difficult to argue with 30 millons if ipad would be so cool nobody else would buy any other pad, never ever and only sold would be from apple which is not the case... so just enjoy your ipad

I believe that the people that buy other tablets is because they want to be different. It would have very little to do with specs. Anything there that would beat an iPad in speed, convenience and style? There is a reason why is number 1 tablet. :)

I haven't got one because I'm poor, and would rather buy a wide lens light than an iPad, but I fully understand the appeal of it.

Even I would not buy any HP touchpad if it would not be for 110 from firesale and I work for HP so had chance to get one easy. I simply can not justify paying 500 for any of it just for browsing. Also saving for wide lens or macro what comes first will see..

With the greatest respect Luis, thats total bunkam!

I also cant afford a tablet, even if i wanted one. However, if I could it would never be an iPad. Not a cats chance in hell. I dont want to be told how to use it, I want to use it in any way that I want to use it. I dont want Apples permission to install an app that might do something that apple arent happy with. I absolutely HATE iOS, I am yet to use a version that hasn't frustrated me in some way or another. At least with an Android, or Windows device, a person stands a fighting chance of fixing / installing a workaround to end the frustration. So often, thats not the case with the iCult products...

Sentral - I think you missed Radik's point. The connectivity to the iPad is purely on thier terms. If you want to connect something slightly out of the ordinary, you are forced to buy a propietry adapter to do the job. Just %$*£ing give people a USB port and memory card slots! I mean really... how hard could it be! But Noooo... If apple did that there would be no reason for folks to drop hundreds of pounds on (limited) additional internal space. Users could just carry around memory cards / USB sticks, and have masses of space at their fingertips. But when you have brainwashed half of scociety, there is no need to make life better for your userbase, because they will always support you.

[/end rant LOL]

I think everything you buy fits your lifestyle, people choose to buy something based on his/her feelings for the item they've chosen, no harm there, people are different so in respect for that I think we can stop arguing which one's better 'cause we won't get anywhere.

Mark enjoy your iPad. :)

Mike

p.s. :lol:

cheebs said:
Sentral - I think you missed Radik's point. The connectivity to the iPad is purely on thier terms. If you want to connect something slightly out of the ordinary, you are forced to buy a propietry adapter to do the job. Just %$*£ing give people a USB port and memory card slots! I mean really... how hard could it be! But Noooo... If apple did that there would be no reason for folks to drop hundreds of pounds on (limited) additional internal space. Users could just carry around memory cards / USB sticks, and have masses of space at their fingertips. But when you have brainwashed half of scociety, there is no need to make life better for your userbase, because they will always support you.

[/end rant LOL]

I am with you on that one, it would not be hard to add a usb, memory card reader, and while they are it should add also a slide out qwerty keyboard. I would not mind if it was a little bit thicker. :)

In all the reviews I've read the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 is generally the tablet of choice over the iPad 2
This would certainly be my choice if only because it runs Android instead of iOS

I know where you are coming from mate. :D

For anyone even remotely artistic or creative the Ipad can offer hours of family entertainment.
I love the photo apps & can achieve results in minutes that would of taken hours or days on photoshop!
Best gadget I have ever owned by far - endless fun & technically amazing!

I have just made up an invite for our upcoming Halloween party, it took me 20 mins to achieve with the help of my 10 year old nephew & apart from the end result we had such a laugh too...
I think some of the critics need to loosen up - the Ipad is great!!

h3.jpg

:oops: mine is gathering dust..

It's a brilliant thing, couldn't be happier with it. Just i have a laptop, and a iphone, so really its just for times when i'm not at either of those..
Which is..oh god.. never?
Embarassing!

Re: the sour grapes in this thread are overpowering!

Flash? Outdated.
Connectivity? Cloud.
Price? Quality, Longevity.

whatok said:

It's a brilliant thing, couldn't be happier with it. Just i have a laptop, and a iphone, so really its just for times when i'm not at either of those..
Embarassing!

Flash? Outdated.
Connectivity? Cloud.

Flash.. still kickin in.. plenty flash videos around and flash content like games etc.
Connectivity.. Hello? Cloud is around for some Friday take a look on google or amazon for example and is not tied to one brand but accessible from pretty anything. Will see how will be implemented from apple. But I am sure apple folks will brag how apple invented cloud.
Price.. overpriced, doe snot offer anything extra than others, they have brilliant marketing and though make you feel that way and you fall for it and pay for it
Longetivity.. this philosophy does not go with difficulties to change battery on any apple device, if you read about Lion then you see how much capacity you can lose over year or 2. And besides what is point of longevity when anything new is outdated after one year already? Those apple bastards will not even allow me to have new iOS 5 on my 3g.. so much for longevity it is going to trash and Samsung galaxy 2 will replace it.
Quality..My 3g had internal connectors issues I had to disassemble it and fix it few times already.. less capable people can fork out 50 quid at service counter for this.. should I also remind you quality of iphone 4 antenna?

Each brand has flaws nothing is perfect just deal with it but one company have better marketing than others

Really no point to argue any more as I said earlier enjoy your iWhatever you have not everybody will fall for it, poeple are different.

I love the 'haters' of certain things :lol: really does make me chuckle. Similar to the ADA thing.

From the reviews I've read, iPad is still top of the tree.

TBH, I don't care. It's doing everything and more than I thought it would do. :D

Radik said:
whatok said:

Embarassing!

Flash? Outdated.
Connectivity? Cloud.

Flash.. still kickin in.. plenty flash videos around and flash content like games etc.
Connectivity.. Hello? Cloud is around for some Friday take a look on google or amazon for example and is not tied to one brand but accessible from pretty anything. Will see how will be implemented from apple. But I am sure apple folks will brag how apple invented cloud.
Price.. overpriced, doe snot offer anything extra than others, they have brilliant marketing and though make you feel that way and you fall for it and pay for it
Longetivity.. this philosophy does not go with difficulties to change battery on any apple device, if you read about Lion then you see how much capacity you can lose over year or 2. And besides what is point of longevity when anything new is outdated after one year already? Those apple bastards will not even allow me to have new iOS 5 on my 3g.. so much for longevity it is going to trash and Samsung galaxy 2 will replace it.
Quality..My 3g had internal connectors issues I had to disassemble it and fix it few times already.. less capable people can fork out 50 quid at service counter for this.. should I also remind you quality of iphone 4 antenna?

Each brand has flaws nothing is perfect just deal with it but one company have better marketing than others

Really no point to argue any more as I said earlier enjoy your iWhatever you have not everybody will fall for it, poeple are different.

Well, considering gaming through the app store is 233423452435898 times better than anything purely flash, and that websites using flash are a dying breed (and technically bad practice) anyway, I could care less. Plus there are free third party apps that let you use flash if you really really have to.

And as far as longevity is concerned, I still have one of the first ipod minis, and was still using it up to last christmas. It was maybe 7 years old at that time. Not a single problem since i got it. Luckily apple products are designed to work perfectly well without countless upgrades and tweaks, factory fresh! If you want to upgrade to the latest IOS on an older device, then ask yourself why, if the old one works as it should.

I sold the mini for £100! I would have had to give away any other product that old!

We are not apple haters Mark, are you then android hater coz you own Apple? I own iPhone myself. Do you know how much I paid for it? 50 euros second hand from friend, it has no greater value for me than that. I am trying to be realistic and consider money vs performance. In this case Apple fails for me. Maybe for you they offer something you are willing to pay that extra. And maybe you read wrong reviews, there is always bias if you google "right" review.

And of course resale value is higher for apple when initial cost is also more and sometimes double of competitors.

Hi guys! Just to let you all know that IOS 5 will be coming out this Wednesday. The new features of this update look really good, one of my favourites is that anything that has IOS 5 wont ever need a computer for updates again and imessage looks good too.

I am no Apple fan as most of you know by now lol but I have to say nothing beats the iPad in terms of tablets, I have one and I love it, its the only Apple device I own (apart from two jailbroken Apple TV 2, cheap XBMC media centre devices), I have used many Android tablets and haven't found one that can match the iPad, even the Asus Transformer, when Android 4 comes out and you get it into the new Samsung Tabs then that might change ;)

Back