• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inside your cabinet?

Ehcosbie

Hi all,

I have recently set up my first big tank and it is currently about 2 weeks into the cycling process and all is ticking over fine……

….. apart from the disaster that is hidden in the cabinet!

It is a mess and I want to get storage and make it tidy. I am looking for inspiration about how you keep your cabinet tidy, do you use racks, draws, shelves or some other set up that I cannot think of?

Pictures would help too.

Thanks all.

Know what you mean. I measured the gaps (allow for any door hinges) then found stackable plastic tubs that fit e.g. Ikea Salma or clear food storage containers for smaller gaps. It makes it easy to pull out a lot of bits to root through.

A DIY pull-out drawer tray for the filter, power socket mounted on the cabinet rather than sat on its floor, Ikea boxes, door-mounted magnetic strip for tools

Two Canisters for the Nano’s, an Air pump and the electrics pretty much fill up the cabinet. The two drawers have food and others bits and pieces. Filters spares, connectors, media etc live in a 42L really useful box in the hall cupboard.

4B865A0C-76CF-46E5-90DA-D2B1462C6ACF.jpeg

Take a look at this thread below.

And here's one of Georges from one of his journals

Some amazing cabinets in the links, and above. Lots to aspire to. I've made a mental note of the kitchen roll holder feature in particular, for future reference.

My 'open plan' cabinet contains: RO supply, and a few semi-regular use bits and bobs.
Not in cabinet but in easy reach unrestrained by doors or drawers, racks or containers: ferts, food, tweezers and scissors, net, bucket, hand towel, test kit, draining hose and filling pump.

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_201843357~2.jpg
    IMG_20230117_201843357~2.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 67
I use 3m tape to attach extension cord and temperature controller to the side of the cabinet, this helps things be neater as well as isolates the electrics from the floor in the event of water spillage. I also label each plug with a sticker of what device it's attached to. I have random aquarium related things in a small box by "Really Useful Box" company to help maximise internal cabinet space (can stack them if needed as my cabinet doesn't have a shelf).

I mount my tank hardware outside of my cabinets for ease of maintenance personally. I may try it inside of the cabinet on my upcoming big tank build but, maybe not as it doesn't look bad when tucked away cleanly next to the cabinet imo and is way, way easier to maintain...

Another option I am considering is building a seperate cabinet that all of my tank hardware fits into(all tanks into one cabinet)...

Last edited:
Back