• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline Heater Query

chrisjj

Seedling
I am considering installing an inline heater, have read around & have just a few questions:

Which one would you recommend?
Will it increase (filter) noise?
Will it reduce flow?

Filter is an aquamanta efx400 (1400lph) - a decent filter, but probably not the quiestest - not an issue due to the tank location, but ideally wouldn't what any more noise.
Hoses are 16/22mm, pretty much cut to suit (no loops) - around 1.5m each (in & out).

If you are really worried about filter flow reduction do what a lot of people do put the hydor on a separate pumped loop. Can also put CO2 diffuser and other devices inline without affecting you filter.

Bit late to reply, sorry, but I have a hydor on both of my tanks. Both connected to the outflow pipe and there is no noise at all and no reduction in flow.

The only comment I have is to make sure you switch it off when you do maintenance on your filter, to avoid over heating the standing water in the hose. I don't know if it would do anything too bad but seems like it might be a bad idea.

RR

Back