• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

inline diffuser recomendation

Diddymen

I'm thinking about changing my CO2 diffuser and was hoping for some advise

My sett up is a JBL system with a solenoid, disposable canisters and diffusing by a JBL in tank spiral bubble tower thing (which I've extended)

The CO2 checker is located on the opposite side of the tank (6ft 350ltr ish) and is showing green at 20mg (the scale on the side has a tick for that colour).

but I'm thinking an in line diffuser will be more efficient with better distribution.

I've seen the JBL proflora inline diffusers, and they look good. I contacted an ebay seller and he doesn't think any of them will fit my hose:(

I'm running and aqua manta 1500 external filter, and measured the hose OD at 20mm

so, any recommendations for an inline diffuser that will work with my filter?

any help appreciated :thumbup:

What size are your hoses and the diffusers you enquired about.. can you not get adaptors to make the fittings match?

I measured my hose as 20mm outside diameter, the JBL diffusers are either 19/25 hose or 16/22, I did think about some sort of adaptor

...ideally I'd like something that works straight out of the box though :D

Googling says that the diffusers accept three different hose sizes 12/16, 16/22 and 29/25 . You say your hoses are 20 mm OD...I think it will actually be 22 and the ID will likely be 16 ... so the matching size diffuser is what you want. If its the normal fitting you remove the cap and slide it over the hose, push the hose on to the diffuser stub and tighten down the cap and that seals the join. somewhere on each hose in and out of the filter its a good idea to fit double taps so you can isolate the filter canister easily.

I'm running and aqua manta 1500 external filter, and measured the hose OD at 20mm
I've looked online and even in their technical information doesn't give the hose size.

What I think is more important is the inside measurement of the hose.
You could always possibly use a jubilee or herbie clip very precautiously if the outside really is 20mm and the clamps won't hold the hose in place.

I've looked online and even in their technical information doesn't give the hose size.

Dunno where I found the info but the three models and what size hose they need is shown in my previous post and I suggested it is likely to be 16/22 . As you say its the ID thats more important

thanks for the help.

I've also looked through the tech specs and couldn't find the hose size. Your quite right, the internal diameter will dictate how well it seals to the fitting.

I have a feeling it is quite a thin wall hose from memory, if its slightly smaller, then I could get a bit of stretch by warming it with a hair drier maybe.

Only one way to tell I suppose, if I get time at the weekend I'll cut a section of hose to measure the internal diameter with a vernier (just so I'm not measuring a section that has stretched around a fitting) ....bit of a pain as I didn't want to disconnect anything until I had the parts to fit

Googling says that the diffusers accept three different hose sizes 12/16, 16/22 and 29/25 . somewhere on each hose in and out of the filter its a good idea to fit double taps so you can isolate the filter canister easily.

The aquamanta has the hoses connected to a 'manifold', you pull up a leaver which isolates the hoses and releases them and the 'manifold' from the filter :thumbup:

Just go to your aquarium local shop get a little piece of 16/22 hose try see if it fits. If it does then you have your answer. As you stated OD is 20 then a 16/22 will fit without a problem

for info, I cut a section of pipe from my outlet (it was too long anyway)

internal measured 15mm (checked & checked again - definitely 15mm) O/D is 22mm

so I'm pretty sure 16/22 is close enough!

anyway, I've ordered 3mr of 16/22 pipe to move my outlet to the other end of the tank (inlet/outlet currently at the same end) and I've ordered the 16/22 JBL diffuser :thumbup:

...and my dwarf neon rainbows are breeding like mad in the breeding tank ....counted at least 40 eggs hanging under the suspended net :)

Back