• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline Co2 Diffuser Placement

SSK101

Guys should I install the Diffuser as close as possible to the external filter to extend the mixing time of co2 with aquarium water like the manual instructs or after the inline heater like I've read on forums ?
20240112_201059.jpg

I would vote for wherever it is easiest to remove for maintenance as my experience with the inline diffusers has involved a lot of fiddling and cleaning. It looks like after the heater would be more accessible since you have longer tubing lengths before and after. I don't know what concerns they might have with it going through the inline heater other than gas pockets possibly? Seems to me it shouldn't matter otherwise.

In 1 meter of 12/16mm hose you have 113ml of water. With a 500L/h filter you have 133ml of waterturnover every sec.
It makes really no difference where you put it - the contact time is nearly the same.

In 1 meter of 12/16mm hose you have 113ml of water. With a 500L/h filter you have 133ml of waterturnover every sec.
It makes really no difference where you put it - the contact time is nearly the same.
That's what I was thinking bro

I would vote for wherever it is easiest to remove for maintenance as my experience with the inline diffusers has involved a lot of fiddling and cleaning. It looks like after the heater would be more accessible since you have longer tubing lengths before and after. I don't know what concerns they might have with it going through the inline heater other than gas pockets possibly? Seems to me it shouldn't matter otherwise.
Makes sense 👍

I want to install a inline heater and a hand full of opinions..
If I install the heater first and then the diffuser, won't the heater damage the mixing of co2? (Because of the high temperature (it will be connected to the controller and will be at 24 degrees) but maybe the body heats up and that's what can hurt?)
And maybe that's why it's better to put the diffuser first and only after that the heater? And on the other hand, there is no problem to have bubbles of gas inside the heater? Or is it even better to put the heating body on the outlet pipe?

Back