• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I'm not sure what kind of deficiency is this... Please help!

Ovidiu

Hello,

The tank is 110 liters, i am dosing EI 5ml every other day, 3ml of excel every day, Lights are on for 6 hrs a day using 39w Osram 865 with reflector.

I cannot figure if it's Nitrogen or Iron deficiency.

Thank you!

20161125_113646.jpg
hebergement image

5ml of EI everyday doesn't say a lot... what is your EI recipe? Is it a complete EI mix (with Macros and Micros/Traces) or just Macros?

Is this the only plant affected?

What's your water hardness and PH?

So the EI recipe is taken from aquariumplantfood with macro and micro, it seems that its the only plant affected so far, ph is 7.5 and kh @12.

You are using liquid carbon, some plants are adversely affected by it and either just don't thrive or just melt away.

Also why are you dosing EI reduced ? That is probably your answer.

EI would be at least 20ml macro/micro every alternate day for your sized tank.

Wow, 20 ml seems a lot. Its the first time im dosing EI and someone here on the forum said that 5 ml every other day is ok to start with. i will do a water change after i get home from work and start dosing 20ml as suggested. The only thing im afraid when dosing EI is not dose too much so the plants starts to die off.

I've had over 350ppm NO3 (80ppm phosphate) in my tank for days after a pump failure and fish weren't stressed or worried, I only noticed when the heard the dosing pump running 24/7 and the just refilled 1litre macro container was empty. No change in fish behaviour. Most annoying was the overdose made b*gger difference to the plants...

So overdosing EI is not an issue.

However I have also overdosed Excel (as well :mad:), again timer failure, and it did kill some fish but also wiped out a lot of plants, they just went yellow and melted away.

Really sorry to hear about your fish and plants didnt make it :angelic:

Just 5 minutes ago i did a 50% wc and added 20 ml of Macro. Tommorow i will add 20 ml of Micro and so on.

Its really interesting that overdose caused no damage. I saw on the internet that excess iron can cause some problems and i assumed that excess of any type of nutrient can cause the same damage to plants.

Wow, 20 ml seems a lot. Its the first time im dosing EI and someone here on the forum said that 5 ml every other day is ok to start with. i will do a water change after i get home from work and start dosing 20ml as suggested. The only thing im afraid when dosing EI is not dose too much so the plants starts to die off.
I think you can buy DIY package. It consist of a type of chemical called gluteraldehyde if not mistaken

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

I am not sure i understand what you are trying to say. Gluteraldehyde is liquid carbon from what i know.

Back