• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I'm dreaming... Of a big fish tank (documenting fish keeper's dreams)

megwattscreative

UKAPS Team
Hi all, I realised after a post on my journal that lots of us seem to have unique and terrifying fish-related dreams.
I thought I'd compile them here and see if anyone has any others to add... Partly so we can all see our dreams are very ridiculous, but also so I don't inadvertently trip across nightmare fuel in my journal 😂

I had a dream (recurring nightmare) last night that Id massacred a tank of corys and Otto's that all had severe fin rot, so seeing an extra Cory this morning has thrown me for a bit of a loop. Now I don't know what to believe 😂

I also have dreams about killing fish, usually because I have forgotten about them and discover that I am the owner of a whole tank of dead and dying fish. 😩

Get this all the time, though usually I have somehow acquired some huge tanks filled with all sorts. Totally genuinely, last night for some reason there were also several monkeys living in the emersed parts who I had neglected. They all escaped into the house and were quite bitey trying to get them back in. Fortunately, I managed to make contact with the previous owner and they turned out to be quite social around the kitchen table once I knew their names 😂

My aquatic stress dream is that I neglected a tank for some period of time and, while everything is still alive, the tank is also now inhabited by a very large eel like creature that scares the hell out of me. I can’t get the eel out so the dream never resolves, just remains high anxiety until I wake up.

Less cheese before bed time.
Feel free to add/discuss 🙂

Not all my fish dreams are nightmares! Occasionally I go to cool fish stores. I don't remember too much, mostly just images from a few different dreams, but I do remember there was one that had a cool restricted area that you had to be "in the know" about and climb a ladder up to a hatch to get access to. I remember thinking during the dream that the exclusivity seemed like a gimmick as it wasn't really that much of a secret. You could see people climbing up the ladder!

My brain was giving me a fantasy fish store to explore and I had to be all cynical about it! How ungrateful of me! 😂 Better than dead fish for sure.

Tankxiety is real 😅 I’m yet to dream-nightmare about my fishes. My worst nightmare is always about my indoor cat escaping and me madly chasing after him 😭 Perhaps it just means how much we care for our pets ❤️

IMG_2013.jpeg

Last edited:
Back