• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ideal tank size?

I've been trying to find space for an Aquarium and the only place I can think of is against a short section of wall in the kitchen. Available space is about 1 metre but it would be best to leave some room so I've settled on 750mm long. I felt my previous tank was a little deep at 600mm so I'm thinking H and W would be good at 450. I wondered how close the L and H was to the golden section so I had a look online and found it's pretty close, Ideally the H should be 464. I drew the 750 X 464 outline on a whiteboard at work to get a better sense of size and it seems pretty good.

Then I looked at some of the other dimensions noted on the GS calculator and noted a figure of 1214, I wondered what it would look like if I halved this for the W. I drew the the two options below for comparison.
I wish I hadn't, I really like the look of the bigger tank but I just can't fit a tank that extends that far into the room!

This is a real blow as I reckon it would be a lot easier to make a nice scape in the wider tank. :(

Think I'll have to play with the figures some more in the hope I can come up with something that'll fit ...

Aquarium.jpg

Back