• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID on this--Microsorum?

Musicmanryann

Hey all, newb here. Can someone please identify this plant? I've scoured my resources and can't fully narrow it down. Seems some kind of fern, but I really like the narrowleaves, but fullness of it. Thanks in advance!

plant identity.jpg

The M. p. sp. Needle variety can also grow at the tips like the M. p. sp. trident... There is an M. p. sp. narrow and also M. sp Taiwain when very young and small they are easily mixed up but as a mature plant both become considerably larger with tad wider leaves.

The distinct difference the others don't show is the needle grows very dense/compact curly rhizomes.
microsorum-pteropus-needle-leaf-534455a200d7b.jpg

But since they all are slow growers it might take some time to get closer to ID them. :)

Here are some additional pictures of Microsorum bunches I took at that time. This could help for identification purposes for anyone coming across these plants:

M. Needle leaf (with a pinch of Hygrophila araguaia sp. Chai for decoration)
IMG_6242.jpg
IMG_6282.jpg

M. Narrow leaf
IMG_4871 2.JPG

M. Broad leaf
IMG_3306 2.jpg

M. Trident leaf (with a wooden black magic p**** for luck and prosperity and yours truly feet)
IMG_2940.jpg

Quiz. What Microsorum sp is this?
IMG_4873 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back