• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to make fish more "socialable"?

LancsRick

Ok, so my Trigon 190 has a fair amount of planting now, and a reasonable community in there, but I seem to possess very shy fish! They're not showing any signs of stress, but always hide behind the big piece of bogwood and rarely come out. Any ideas why?

18x Cardinal Tetra
4x Honey Gourami
4x Otos
8x Amano shrimp (I'd expect to rarely see these)
3x Botia striata

Thoughts welcome!

My Cardinals were always hiding in amongst dense planting, until I reduced the light intensity. I also increased the shoal two fold from 12 to 24 and that helped too.

How to make fish more "socialable"?

Troi said:
My Cardinals were always hiding in amongst dense planting, until I reduced the light intensity. I also increased the shoal two fold from 12 to 24 and that helped too.

I noticed the same in my high tech set up when it was halide burst my cardinals would hide in amongst the plants but after a few months they began venturing out. I also noticed they hid more during the hours my inline diffuser was running too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back