• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much Flourish to use?

Progen

So I'm on my 3rd week of an E.I. dosing regimen and am using Seachem Flourish for the micro part.

My tank's a 50ishG 4 footer and I'm currently dosing slightly less than a cap each time, following the instructions.

My tank's mainly anubiases and Java ferns (normal straight leaf, Windelov and narrow leaf). Are these known to be micro hungry and will increasing the dosage help in any way?

No one knows? Anyway, I've decided to be proactive and taken the first step of doubling the dosage to see whether there's a difference. 2 weeks should be enough to see something.

Java fern and Anubias spp. aren't fast growers so generally don't need that much ferts, they aren't particularly micro hungry - but naturally this depends on light and CO2. They aren't usually planted with root access to the substrate, so having ferts in the water column is important for them in high-light /CO2 situations, particularly chelated iron, as this is commonly lacking but most aquarium plants can get it from the root zone.

This calculator can be used to work out Seachem Flourish dosages for EI: rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php

Back