• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much do I have?

Hey all,

Took a trip to Maidenhead Aquatics in Iver today and ended up coming home with a new tank. Ooops.

It's a super fish Aqua 30. 24 litres with an 11w compact light. I'd like to go for a low tech shrimp set up but I'm not sure what sort of light level this gives me? it's 40cm tall.

The forum tends to be rather quiet at the weekend so u may have to wait for a decent response.

I think u should be ok with that lightning. U could always add some floating plants to diffuse the light. I assume that the tank comes with an internal filter too?

ghostsword said:
If you are going for a low tech shrimp tank why bother with co2 and light? I would rather invest on a good internal filter.

I don't want to use co2. I just don't know if the light is too bright for a simple low light, low tech.

Bobtastic said:
The forum tends to be rather quiet at the weekend so u may have to wait for a decent response.

I was too excited after bringing my tank home :D

I think u should be ok with that lightning. U could always add some floating plants to diffuse the light. I assume that the tank comes with an internal filter too?

Yes I was considering that. Yeah an internal 200lph, I have another few if I need but as I was going for shrimp I wouldn't want it too powerful?

Back