• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how is this for plant choice ?

plantnoob

looking on aqua essentials for some plants to go in the impending soil substrate tanks . so far ive come up with these .

cardamine lyrata , rotala rotundifolia , echinodorus bleheri , anubias ( nana , petite and afzellii) , crypts ( petchi , willissii and bullosa ) , java moss , aponogeton ulvaceus and java fern .

only thing i can see in that lot to be aware of is the possible dormant period with the aponogeton .

can they not be controlled like echinodorus , by removing the largest leaves ?

I'd consider another stem species or two. Hygrophila sp., Limnophila sessiflora, Ceratopteris thalictroides etc. It'll give some variety and make the background look more full.

If you allready know, you don' have the space for a particulary plant species .......... honestly, why don't you choose a species, that suits your needs??
In this case I'd guess A.crispus was a better choise ??:hungry:
- and basically, no....the A. ulvaceus, if treated well, will continously be doing larger and larger leaves. They do grow HUGE!
Mick.

ive got some hygrophila corymbosa in the tank at the moment , which seems to be ok since removing the co2 , so i can keep that . maybe some cardomine lyrata as well ?

thanks for the heads up re the aponogeton mick . i will try and find a crispus instead .

As I recall your tank, mate, that'll suit your needs way better (and that species very rarely do a "resting period", actually). Good luck with all :)
Mick.

Back