• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How does this Solenoid work

mike_freegan

Seedling
Hey guys. I've found this solenoid. I already have a regulator, bubble counter, valve etc which works great but I'm getting annoyed with manually turning my Fire Extinguiser CO2 on and off.

Does anyone have any experience with these? It's only £16.

http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/co2-mag ... pping_feed

If so, how do I hook it up? I was expecting an adapter to attach to airline hosing at both ends, but this only seems to have it on one.

Any other affordable alternatives?

Hi Mike

A solenoid works by using a electric magnet basically a magnetic valve connected to an electrode when the power is turned on it opens the valve by reversing the magnetic poles and when its off it keeps the valve closed most Solenoids only use a few watts of electric to work so the very cheap to have running.

That would be perfect if the brass end fits your regulator thread then all you got to do is carefully remove the nipple that the pipe currently connected to the insert the brass end in to regulator then attach all your original kit to the steal nipple that on the solenoid.

Looks quite nice and not bad price at £19.99 I see the picture has 110v plug have you checked that you can change this to a 240 plug or you may need a voltage converter to use it.

You could do that way
But i removed one of my nipples from mine and fitted it direct to my regulator check the nipple on your regulator you should be able to remove it and thread the solenoid straight on to the regulator that way you don't need the second nipple and that's why that solenoid only comes with one nipple end

Back