• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How can I Improve more (500lts planted)

I did that too i have water without splashes in the sump direct without any filter media Chris in the way still there was no effect .....have all the media in the sump and pipe directly in the water .....ball valve will put tomorrow then ......but don't you think that will restrict the flow of water entering the sump .....coz the power my sump has i need water to come asap in the sump

if you have any design pls post

You use the ball valve to control the flow of water to the sump from the tank so that it exactly matches the output from the pump to the tank and in that way the pipe from the tank to the sump is constantly full of water so makes no noise or splashing/off gassing.

Run like this the sump is almost like a canister filter.

After that you have to check the flow through the Ista reactor to be sure it is not too fast or slow (I've never used one so can't help) and make sure you do not have excessive tank surface agitation either, then all should work. Put fresh solution in your drop checker just to be sure and wait a few hours..

Hi Chris back
will put valve today as u suggested
changed the solution of drop checker

there is fish poop a lot in the aquarium all over n water looks muddy
now the flow is right .....then why so happening

I am planing to have lava rock as filter media.....do I need to change it after a year or so or
clean it coz will be packing it in the sump n sealing it

How much flow does the ista need to work properly
can I have ista in front of cerges reactor .....like ista mixes the co2 ....which stays for longer time in the cerges reactor n then into the tank

Of course the water looks muddy, you dont have any filter media!

I do not think lava rock is the best idea for filter media..can you not get filter foam in India? Works great, easily rinsed, pretty much lasts forever....

For the ista you'll have to experiment. Too much flow will reduce the dwell time too little and I imagine the CO2 will build up inside it and not be well broken up by the impeller

I think then I can go with bio balls as i have lots of them / and some pot scrubbers that too i have loads
foam i will have that too get loads here

will figure out the ista working

I know this is an old thread. Just wanted to know whether things worked out for the OP.

Back