• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Holidays Monster

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi UKAPS Members,

I hope that every one is ok and that you are not suffering of heat during this summer ?
I didn't post something since very long time in our beautiful forum, so I told my self that it would be a good idea to report a bit about my tank.

NA 90x45x50 cm, in tank bazooka diffuser 24/7, 4x36w PC.

The 02/07 I left Congo for 30 days of holidays (Holidays were more than great lol), before living I was a bit "sad" because I will left the without control, WC, dosing etc ... for a month.
Why I was sad ? because if some of you have followed me during these two last years, aquascaping have been a bit of nightmare for me (diatoms, plant melting, battling with CO2, flow etc...) but since 8 months every thing is going great ... The tank is beautiful. I have learn a lot during these two years and have understand all my mistakes of the past, because of UKAPS and the great members we have here. I would like to give a special thanks to Clive (Ceg48...) that have really helped me during these years (like he was my mentor).
So I had to live the house with that beautiful tank covered of Monte Carlo every where, amania reaching the to of the water... Ludwigia Arcuata going mental and turning in a beautiful red etc....
I told my self, it's okay when you will come back you will have maybe lost half of the plants and surely a mix of BGA and GSA every where hahaha. So I have just turn on 2X36 raise a bit the lights and put a new 5 kg full FE.

So I came back to Kinshasa this saturday 01/08, when I opened the door the lights of the tank were on, and what a beautiful surprise !!!
The tank was in "perfect" conditions for a month with out maintenance !!! Monte Carlo carpet was still there nothing has melt or what ever !!! Arcuata went allover the surface of the tank, mixing with a nice red rotala, and Amania sprouting out of the water. Mosses on the wood went mental and have triple in size and have a nice green. So I was really excited to see the tank in such a beautiful condition.
The only things I could clearly noticed was a deficiency in Nitrogen and in Fe on Monte carlo and on Staugoryne. Water was a bit yellow due to the wood and that's it !
That means that the tank is in cruise control !!!
Yesterday I did a maintenance on the tank, trimming every thing rearranging plants, 80% water change etc...
When i put back the water and let a bit the filter working, the tank was beautiful !!! I was quite "proud" of my tank hahaha. I have now finally a tank that I can show without being shame hahaha.

So This week I will take my sister's camera a make proper pictures for the forum and for my datas.

Now I have some questions:

I have to rescape my tank (i am a bit tired of this scape) and I would like to re-use the Monte Carlo and the Rotala in my next scape. Should I first let run the tank for a month for the Monte Carlo to regain some strength ( the carpet is still in very good condition only tips are a bit white yellow) or it is ok to strip every thing now ?
For scape Idea I will post a new journal where we can talk about it !

Hope it was good reading for all of you ?
I have taken pictures before trimming but quality is not good, if you wish to see how was the tank after a full month without maintenance let me know I will post the pictures.

Best regards to all of you
I will be more active on the forum this year.

Hi guys,

I think I will let the carpet recover a bit, the time for me to think about a new scape maybe order some plants.
I think I will escape in a month. I'll let you know when I start something.
OK I post some picture but the quality is very low. but at least you will see how it was after my holidays.
Unfortunately my sister is out of town for work until Friday or Saturday so I will not have a camera to have proper pictures, but tonight after work I'll take picture of the tank trimmed etc...
We are so use to see beautiful pictures in this forum, that when you see your Iphone pictures you are shame to post them hahahaha

Sorry for the pipes and the diffuser in the tank.
This tank is not woah but I like it.
Cheers

46f763d0f01553fe6691715c45263264.jpg

56dae2fd0f7a2b68f88703b84baa6f22.jpg

9f732a113ea191fe2bae0a206022f28f.jpg

4dbbcfdd9280fb929eea69499eac2a4d.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Back