• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hisonotus leucofrenatus

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hisonotus leucofrenatus or Black Oto's as they are otherwise called.

I've been offered some of these and am being slightly put off by the information on the max size i'm finding on the net.

Can anyone confirm how big these lovely fish grow?

Thanks,
John

Whats putting you off size wise? too big/too small? 2-2.5ins max length dosen't seem too strange, they wont eat small fish/shrimp and aren't any smaller than any other oto.

OllieNZ said:
Whats putting you off size wise? too big/too small? 2-2.5ins max length dosen't seem too strange, they wont eat small fish/shrimp and aren't any smaller than any other oto.

two inch's is bigger then any oto i've ever kept before.... I don't think i've ever had one max out at more then 2 inches.... and even he was "the big oto in the tank".

perhaps the suppliers i've used have only given me smaller varieties before.... but i can't say i've only bought from one place or city....
:?

I still don see the problem with the size unless your putting them in a small tank. Bigger = More Cleaning Power surely. I cant imange they'll be a threat to anything.

OllieNZ said:
I still don see the problem with the size unless your putting them in a small tank. Bigger = More Cleaning Power surely. I cant imange they'll be a threat to anything.

it's not the threat it's aesthetics.

at 2.5 inches they could be the biggest thing in the tank. I'd prefer my clean up crew to be more discrete.
8)

Lol no worries then

Back