• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi I'm Daize from Berkshire!

daizeUK

Hello UKAPS!
I'm a novice fishkeeper having bought my first tropical fish three months ago. I first got interested in fish last autumn when I decided my kids should have pet goldfish since they can't have anything furry due to allergies in the house. I remembered the goldfish from my childhood had all led rather miserable lives and I was determined my kids would have happy fish! So I set about educating myself on how to make fish happy.

The end result was I abandoned the idea of goldfish and decided to go tropical. Last December I bought a 64 litre Interpet Fish Box and decorated it with fake ornaments and plastic plants. I thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world haha! In March I introduced some platies after a long and arduous fishless cycle.

In the meantime I've been inspired to try live plants by the many beautiful planted aquariums out there. My tank has gradually been evolving from a plastic parody into a concerted first attempt at a jungle aquascape. I've started mainly with easy plants such as anubias, microsorum, crypts and mosses and I've been experimenting with a handful of other plants with mixed success. This is what I've done with my tank so far:

Tank26Jun_zps754c9dfc.jpg

I want to keep improving especially the foreground which I think needs more work but I'm also keen to learn more about aquascaping and try some more advanced techniques. I've fallen in love with fishkeeping and I have plans to get another tank (or two ;)) and I'd really like to design a planned aquascape from the start. I'm starting to gather ideas for a layout and put plans together.

I'm looking for any guidance, tips, critique or advice as I'm a newbie and still learning about things like ferts and lighting. Hopefully this looks like the right place to ask questions! :)

Welcome Daize,
you seem to have come a long way in a short space of time, nice tank :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back