• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Slovakia

lukasAKVA

Seedling
Hi, I´m from Slovakia.
For first I would like to apologize that my english isnt very good, but i think we can understood.
I would like try aquascape in nano aquarium, but without co2 so low tech. my plan is max 40 liters aqua.I choose between nano cube of dennerle 30 or blau cubic 32 liters.I would like to your views what soil I can choose or what plants.My ide of aquascape is that I use only rocks,no wood and it would by like more floors from front to back.I prefer "carpet" plants at flora. so if you understand my text, I'd like to hear your views :)
thank you for every answer
lukasAKVA

Hi, this side is awesome and I read it a lot of time, but in ours /slovak/ websides like ukaps ist too much about low tech.when I post what I want to do a lot of people say later I must add CO2, but why? in older times people dont use co2 and aqua still work.you know what I mean? i just write here to know,how it goes in the world ;) if you dont have anything diffrent or some tips or something like that :) so every post you send is helpfull for me

For nano tank, you may get away by using Co2 tablets and Carbon liquid. this will increase your choice of plants.

But I am sure as soon as you start dosing liquid cab. the next thing you will do is to get a co2 set.

Have fun... Now is so much better than olden days....

So you think that the right way is use co2 set? ok.i dont want to be dissapointed ... you know i sooner asked more people before i start ... that i start and than i find out i dont do it right.

I would try to setup a tank first without CO2. If you decide to use CO2 in your tank, the overall expenses will rise substantially. There are many beautiful low-tech tanks without CO2. So don't be affraid to try it w/o CO2. You even don't need to use any liquid carbon if you choose proper plants. I would choose a lot of mosses, some smaller anubiases, and maybe a few other low demanding plants.

Look at the following two beautiful low-tech tanks:

RomanHolba_Rest_Nano.jpg

Aquascaper: Roman Holba (Czech Republic)

Vladimir_Trcka_2014-05.jpg

Aquascaper: Vladimir Trcka (Czech Republic)

PS: For mosses and anubiases you really don't need any nutrient-rich substrate (like ADA Aqua Soil or the like). You can use some finer gravel.

Hi Bhu,

my nano tanks are presented here: http://rybicky.net/profil/24711.
But I don't consider myself an aquascaper. I have my tanks just for my delight and relax. I don't like contests etc. I like to test it, and find out how different things work. :) And I do my best to share my knowledges and findings with others through my non-commercial website (www.prirodni-akvarium.cz/).

Marcel

Great looking tanks. You clearly know what you're doing ;) and would do well in competition. I also just keep fish and plants for my pleasure to relax and create something beautiful in the home. :)

Back