• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Seaford

Hi Stu, welcome to UKAPS, as a lurker no doubt you already have a good idea of how useful the site is and friendly the natives are :) Im just along the road from you. Always happy to meet at one of the local LFS's for a chat. Do you have a tank on the go at the moment ? Hope so... and maybe put up a journal :)

Hi Antipofish,

I've spent the last year or so reading post after post trying to absorb as much as I can. :)

There's some great advise and information here.

I'm now trying to put it all in to practice on my newly re-scaped tank. the first one didn't go so well. :oops: :lol:
Stu

stuwags said:
Hi Antipofish,

I've spent the last year or so reading post after post trying to absorb as much as I can. :)

There's some great advise and information here.

I'm now trying to put it all in to practice on my newly re-scaped tank. the first one didn't go so well. :oops: :lol:
Stu

Dont worry, we all have to start somewhere and Im by no means an expert or even close to being one :shh:

So you gonna do a journal ? Whats your favourite LFS in our area then ?

Antipofish said:
So you gonna do a journal ? Whats your favourite LFS in our area then ?

Just posted a journal up :shifty:

I've been using Aquamania in Eastbourne quite a lot as the tanks are always clean and they have a fair selection. the only other LFS nearby that I know of is MaidenHead aquatics at the garden centre near the race course in Brighton.

Hi Stu
I will check out your journal later :)
Aquamania are not bad as it goes, although like most sometimes their fish can be a bit pricey and limited to more run of the mill stuff. Occasionally they get something in thats a bit outside the box, but their plants are not the best. P@H on Lottbridge Drove are not bad too... Their aquatic team are enthusiastic and if you catch the plants on delivery day, their stuff is Tropica and at 3 pots for £11 you cant go wrong. Fishey Business is based at Hilliers Garden centre on the Ersham Road between Stones Cross and Hailsham. The staff there are helpful and the fish selection is quite varied... probably the best in the area IMO. Going inland there is an Aquatic concession at the garden centre in Crowborough which can be quite good. The Racecourse MA, to my mind, is not somewhere I bother visiting nowadays. Their fish seem to be the most expensive in the area and the last time I went in, the staff member who I got was less than helpful. Whereas the MA at Hickstead just up the A23 is fantastic. Great selection of fish and Paul, the manager, is the most helpful guy I know. He helped me a lot when I got started doing swaps for stuff when he didn't really need to. I try to buy stuff whenever I am passing, and recently bought a cracking wild caught pair of Apistogramma Macmasteri from him. At only £7 a fish you can't go wrong. I just wish there was somewhere I could find that was REALLY into dwarf and obscure cichlids rather than the run of the mill mbuna and other stock fish that you tend to find in most places.

Im trying to organise a trip to Living Waters in Croydon, in conjunction with ADC in London and FreshWaterShrimp in East London (one of our site sponsors, and the best shrimp outlet going AFAIAC). Wimbledon, and then the Olympics has made the logistics difficult because of how busy everywhere will be, but once the Olympics are done then I will resurrect that trip hopefully and it would be nice if you could come along... there will be space in my car :)

Right, Im not normally awake at this ungodly hour, its just I decided to do some maintenance, so I'm gonna try and get some sleep now. :thumbup:

Back